1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Performance injectors with URD maf calibrator question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 1tacoplease, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Feb 2, 2014 at 4:23 PM
    1tacoplease

1tacoplease [OP] I like my truck!

Member:
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    2008 BSP 4x4 6 speed
    265/70/17 BFG RT's, FJ 17" rims with 1.25" spidertraxx Debadged, HID's, URD short shifter, Bilstein 5100's in the front, TSB and 1" block rear, URD TCAI with maf calibrator, JBL long tubes, DT Y pipe, Gibson exhaust, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Pioneer stereo, Bak flip G2 tonneau, TRD skid plate, MB Quarts all around with dynomat, Viper Alarm with motion sensor
    I know I'm getting the calibrator for sure but could I see any mileage and performance gains if I get bigger fuel injectors?

2. Feb 2, 2014 at 8:04 PM
    Hoozel

Hoozel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Edmonton AB
    umm no. probably make it run like shit. unless you are running big boost. you never need to put in bigger injectors unless you are mass compressing more air in the cylinders. If you put bigger injectors in there, minimum flow rate may be too much for a non turbo or supercharged motor. others can pipe in here, because i could be wrong.

3. Feb 3, 2014 at 2:25 PM
    1tacoplease

Member:
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    2008 BSP 4x4 6 speed
    265/70/17 BFG RT's, FJ 17" rims with 1.25" spidertraxx Debadged, HID's, URD short shifter, Bilstein 5100's in the front, TSB and 1" block rear, URD TCAI with maf calibrator, JBL long tubes, DT Y pipe, Gibson exhaust, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Pioneer stereo, Bak flip G2 tonneau, TRD skid plate, MB Quarts all around with dynomat, Viper Alarm with motion sensor
    but with the calibrator I have the ability to remap. With this help or hurt me with mileage and performance?

4. Feb 3, 2014 at 3:40 PM
    smd3

smd3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    It depends on how big you go with the injectors. If you go too big, without needing them for forced induction, they may not operate fast enough and dump in too much fuel.

I'd be surprised if you could keep it from running rich. This is exactly what Hoozel was saying.

I doubt there's any gains to be had with just a calibrator.

5. Feb 3, 2014 at 3:45 PM
    smd3

smd3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I bet these motors are making power pretty efficiently. Any gains would come from pushing timing past stock limits. OEMs are conservative because they need the truck to run reliably under all kinds of conditions.

Maybe more timing, more octane to support the timing, maybe a touch more fuel (within factory injector limits), and less restriction on intake and exhaust. But I'd be surprised if you could get 20 more hp out of all that. These days OEMs are doing a pretty good job getting power out of a motor.

Above and beyond all of that, you'll want to port and polish ports and chambers, radius the valves, reduce rotating mass, and boost.

6. Feb 3, 2014 at 4:49 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    U realize that gadget seen gains on stock vehicles after installing the maf calibrator because he LEANED them out right?

7. Feb 4, 2014 at 7:25 PM
    1tacoplease

Member:
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    2008 BSP 4x4 6 speed
    So, what I'm understanding is no on injectors and yes on calibrator?

8. Feb 4, 2014 at 8:52 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    I wouldn't get them

Get a wideband and see how rich u are as is