1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Check Engine Light Codes - Emissions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by lilgreen2393, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Feb 3, 2014 at 12:15 PM
    lilgreen2393

lilgreen2393 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Talmage
    Mount Holly, NC
    Vehicle:
    05 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    NONE YET!
    P043E
    P043F
    P2401
    P2402
    P2419

All these codes came from my sensor today as soon as I got my readings.

Anyone know how to fix? I already know it's emissions and I've already replace my Charcoal Canister.

HELP? :mad::confused::mad::confused::mad::confused:

2. Feb 3, 2014 at 10:40 PM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5
    P043E Reference orifice clogged Leak detection pump creates negative pressure through reference orifice, and EVAP system pressure measured to
    determine 0.02 inch leak criterion. 0.02 inch leak criterion measured at start and at end of leak check. If system pressure lower than -4.85 kPa
    (-36.38 mmHg)*, ECM determines that reference orifice has clogging
    malfunction.

P043F Reference orifice high-flow Leak detection pump creates negative pressure through reference orifice, and EVAP system pressure measured to determine 0.02 inch leak criterion. 0.02 inch leak criterion generated at start and at end of leak check. If system pressure higher than -1.06 kPa
    (-7.95 mmHg)*, ECM determines that reference orifice has high-flow malfunction.

This is the listed possible causes for both of the above:

• Canister pump module
    • Connector/wire harness (Canister pump module - ECM)
    • ECM
    • Leakage from EVAP system While ignition switch OFF

P2401
    Leak detection pump stuck OFF Leak detection pump creates negative pressure through reference orifice, and EVAP system pressure measured to determine leak criterion. 0.02 inch leak criterion is measured at start and at end of leak check. If system pressure higher than -1.06
    kPa (-7.95 mmHg)*, or lower than -4.85 kPa (-36.38 mmHg)*, ECM determines that leak detection pump stuck OFF.

• Canister pump module
    • ECM
    • Leakage from EVAP system While ignition switch OFF

P2402 Leak detection pump stuck ON Leak detection pump creates negative pressure through reference orifice, and EVAP system pressure measured to determine leak criterion. If system pressure higher than -1.06 kPa (-7.95 mmHg)*, or lower than -4.85 kPa (-36.38 mmHg)*, ECM determines that leak detection pump stuck ON.

Listed Possible Causes:

• Canister pump module
    • ECM

The common items on all of these codes is the wiring harness to the Canister pump module ECM, The canister pump module itself or an evap system leak. Or the ECM itself. Maybe you missed a hose or connection for the Charcoal Cannister.

3. Feb 6, 2014 at 8:11 PM
    m_yota

m_yota Well-Known Member

Member:
    Paradise
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 dbl cab
    K&N airfilter, HID conversion for headlights/fogs. Wet Okole Seat covers, Kove Aphex processor Kenwood comp 6.5" and 6.5"coaxial 5100 billy shocks 2.5", 1.5" fabtech AAL,Epicenter and MTX Sub, debadged, tinted, kenwood dnx812, black mesh grill, led ext/int.
    I just got a check engine light: I got 2 codes p0456. According to the Actron website, evaporative emission system leak detected( small leak). :confused::confused:

4. Feb 6, 2014 at 8:44 PM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5
    Check your Fuel Cap. Reseat it and then get it cleared at Autozone or any parts house or you can pull the battery terminal for a few minutes and reinstall.

Common causes for the small leak:

• Fuel cap (loose)

• Leakage from EVAP line (Canister - Fuel tank)

• Leakage from EVAP line (Purge VSV - Canister)

• Canister pump module

• Leakage from fuel tank

• Leakage from canister

5. Feb 12, 2017 at 5:10 PM
    CC Truck

CC Truck New Member

Member:
    Hello-

Had same codes pop up on my 2010 Toyota Tacoma - P2401, P043E, P043F, P2402, P2419. They've actually popped up at least a few times and I've cleared them, but they return a few months later- (Dates: April 2016, July 2016, Dec 2016, Feb 2017).

Is it likely I still have to do a Canister and Filter replacement?

Or could it just be a fuel cap or something more minor? The codes don't reappear until at least another 2+ months later after being cleared.

Thanks for any advise.

6. Feb 12, 2017 at 10:34 PM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5
    Start with the simple fix which is fairly cheap. Replace the gas cap and wait to see how it goes.

Products Discussed in

To Top