Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Gauging interest - RCI Armor GROUP BUY

Old 02-04-2014, 08:06 AM   #1
Joshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Josh
Joshp767's Tacoma Gallery
Gauging interest - RCI Armor GROUP BUY

Hey guys I decided to make a new thread here for this, as we are planning to run a Group Buy here in the next couple of weeks.

For those who are not familiar with RCI Metalworks, we have been a skid plate manufacturer for several years now, building protective accessories for most Toyota 4x4's as well as Ford trucks.

That said, we have developed a very reputable name in the 4Runner/FJ market and spent so much time developing excellent products for the 2nd Gen Tacoma that we haven't done near the marketing that we ought to!

Therefor we are taking a couple steps to achieve this and the first one is to get a LOT more of our Tacoma products out there and put to work by YOU!

We offer outstanding products at a very reasonable price, designed and built using top of the line equipment, and value customer service and satisfaction above all else.

SOO... Nuf said about that. This group buy will apply to all of our products,
which depending on the respsonse here, will also include Our brand new sliders, as well as A-arm skid plates.

Please let me know what you are interested in, and I will determine the pricing structure accordingly!

http://www.rcimetalworks.com

Old 02-04-2014, 08:18 AM   #2
jessandjamie has much to be proud ofjessandjamie has much to be proud ofjessandjamie has much to be proud ofjessandjamie has much to be proud ofjessandjamie has much to be proud ofjessandjamie has much to be proud ofjessandjamie has much to be proud ofjessandjamie has much to be proud ofjessandjamie has much to be proud ofjessandjamie has much to be proud of
jessandjamie's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have any images of the sliders installed?
Old 02-04-2014, 02:44 PM   #5
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
Do you think i can make these work with the all pro ifs skid? I think think that i can but its hard to tell by pics.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:52 PM   #6
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
How much for a arm skids i didn't see those on your site.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #8
HiFire is on a distinguished road
HiFire's Tacoma Gallery
Interested in skids. Aluminum would be my first choice.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #9
ppfd is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
ppfd's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be interested in bolt on sliders and a front skid plate to replace the factory thin one.

09 TRD Ext cab if you need the truck to determine a price.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #10
Joshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshp767 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
A-arm skids will be $125-$175 depending on if ordered in steel or Al and with or without powdercoat. That is before any group buy discount of course.

Sliders will start around $450+/- for a pair as shown in the pictures above. Other options will be available. Both of these are new products that aren't on the website yet, but they will be available for purchase by the time we get rolling with this.

Here are some pics of the slider frame and rail (without the 1.75" tube side rail) mounted on the truck, bear in mind that this is a prototype and not finished or fully welded though.

Just a little info on the sliders before we get them up on the site....
-2" x 1.20 wall square tube main rail with four legs.
-1.75" x 1.20 wall round tube outer rail with four fully welded supports.
-3/16" full frame supporting mounting plate, utilizes 7/16" hardware and is drilled for three additional bolts on bottom flange for ultimate strength.
-Edge of slider is angled up 15 degrees
-6.5" distance from rocker pinch seam to outer edge of slider (except on kickout)

Old 02-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #11
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL
Papa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
Papa Taco's Tacoma Gallery
depending on price I might be interested in some skid finally!!!!
Old 02-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #12
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in for IFS, transmission, and transfer case skids. Your pricing is already great. I can just imagine a group buy

e: Put this thread up in the Group Buy section also. I know I check that section every day for deals, and rarely come to 2nd Gen anymore. Many others may do the same!
Old 02-04-2014, 04:46 PM   #13
Hbr01 is a jewel in the roughHbr01 is a jewel in the roughHbr01 is a jewel in the roughHbr01 is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Badass
Name: Brian
Hbr01's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in for transmission and possibly xfer skid depending on price out the door!
Old 02-04-2014, 07:07 PM   #14
Reeves is on a distinguished road

Army: 2/16
Reeves's Tacoma Gallery
I was already about to pull the trigger on Alum T-case Skid and IFS. Sign me up
Old 02-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #15
Poolstick is on a distinguished road

Poolstick's Tacoma Gallery
Could definitely be interested in sliders, depending on final cost including shipping.

Edit: Woah, you're in Fort Collins?? Definitely interested!

If you need a truck to test fit anything as well, let me know.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:41 PM   #16
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
details on gas tank skid?
Old 02-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #18
Broja OG and CEO
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mike
Location: Behind the windshield, watching the world pass on the right.
mipawlus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxRacer190 View Post
Count me in for IFS, transmission, and transfer case skids. Your pricing is already great. I can just imagine a group buy
what he said depending on price with shipping.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:31 AM   #20
Great thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll let this run another day or two then determine what kind of discount we can run based on the volume and get this thing going!