1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suspension squeaking

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dwalden2, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Mar 24, 2009 at 2:34 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 [OP] HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    So, about a year ago, I noticed my suspension was squeaking when I would go over a bump or even if I got on the back bumper and made the suspension move at all. I took it to the dealer and they said "There is a recall" on it, so they fixed it. About 5 months later, it started squeaking again. I haven't taken it back yet because it's been winter and I haven't had the windows down and haven't noticed it as much. But since it warmed up a little I've been riding with the windows down and I notice it when going down a dirt road. Would this be covered in the TSB? What about if I'm at 57K miles?

Thanks.

2. Mar 24, 2009 at 3:12 PM
    SUPMO72

SUPMO72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cleveland Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM Reg 4x4 5spd
    OEM Fog Lights, Tailgate Lock, Color matched OEM Grill, GT seat covers, Undercover bed cover, OEM back up camera
    There was a TSB for squeaking from the rear. The fix was to put grease between the leaf springs at the ends where they rub against each other as the suspension goes up and down. I think it was 3yrs or 36k for the warranty.

Products Discussed in

To Top