Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Another eng noise on a 2012

Old 02-08-2014, 12:14 PM   #1
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Another eng noise on a 2012

Has anyone else had a noise in both cold and hot conditions? Mine sounds like a lifter or a loud injector. The dealer finally heard the noise and I am bringing it in next week for an overnight visit. I found a similar issue at http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/31...se-engine.html My noise starts off light and will increase to a clacking but not always. I live an hour from my job and it was present as I pulled into my drive the other day but it was a lighter version when I was at the dealer. I cant seem to isolate the source or put together a pattern.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #2
AznTRD is on a distinguished road

AznTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't heard any weird noises from my 2012 V6, outside of the normal 'taco tick'. I did real a lot on other posts about people getting weird can rattling type sounds when in top gear around 3000 rpm. From everything I read, it seemed to mostly happen to people running 89 octane and 'babying' the truck. Saw a couple of posts about the engine can buid up excess carbon from this causing pre-detonation. Not sure how much of it is true, but most changed to 91 - 93 octane and don't baby it and it seemed to have gone away. I never had that sound that they mentioned, but I changed o 93 octane myself, just in case. Granted, my driving style never really was 'babying' the truck.. except when I get stuck in rush hour traffic.. hehe
Old 02-08-2014, 12:47 PM   #3
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Yeah I found some of those issues also but mine is at idle in gear. It is so loud that it is embarrassing to sit at a stoplight
Old 02-12-2014, 09:13 AM   #4

Coast Guard:
My truck is in the dealer today for the noise. I had the service manager listen to it on friday when I made the appointment and a writer listen when I dropped it. I just got a message saying they need more info on my noise. I called them back and was told that "they had to order a flux capacitor". I could hear the other guys laughing in the back ground, it is pretty funny that someone fell for that. I laid into him like I was pissed and hung up. If they want to play, I can have fun also.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #5

Coast Guard:
I just got my truck back after talking with general manager. He stood by his people which I would expect but he also said he hadnt spoken with the individual on the phone. Now after my ruckus they found a noise coming from the fuel pressure regulator. Special order part from California. I left the yard with a noise worst than I have ever heard so maybe they were in the right spot
Old 02-19-2014, 02:53 PM   #6

Coast Guard:
I have to drop it tomorrow for a friday appointment. I will be shocked if this fuel press regulator fixes the noise
Old 02-19-2014, 02:58 PM   #7
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like the famous Toyota clack clack to me on the 1grefe motor they used a closed bucket seats for the valves n the head therefor you get the clacking noise. it is fairly common hell even my 22r has the Toyota clack noise
Old 02-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #8

Coast Guard:
I was told by a buddy at a machine shop that he has been doing a lot of eng noise work for the dealers. He said a lot of it is valve noise like you are talking about.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #9

Coast Guard:
Well they replaced my pulsation dampner (aka press regulator/flux capacitor) and the noise is still there. I brought out a third person to hear it and he agrees that it is possible in engine. He will schedule an appointment with a toyota engineer
Old 02-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #10
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck Billy. Sub'd
Old 02-21-2014, 03:34 PM   #11

Coast Guard:
The advisor I had this time said they ordered the part based on a tsb, not because they heard my noise like I was told after complaining last time. Everybody needs to get together and rehearse their lies.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:37 PM   #12
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
what oil are you using
Old 02-21-2014, 03:47 PM   #14
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
thats what I use with 89 oct. no noise or tick, only have 6300 miles on it. does noise come after break in or from new.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:32 AM   #16
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to the club
Old 02-24-2014, 01:28 PM   #17

Coast Guard:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
welcome to the club
I appreciate that but I am sorry to say I don't want to join this club
Old 02-24-2014, 01:30 PM   #18
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
I appreciate that but I am sorry to say I don't want to join this club

it only gets better with time like a fine wine

maybe soon you can graduate to this thread......http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ml#post6048565
Old 02-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #19

Coast Guard:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
it only gets better with time like a fine wine

maybe soon you can graduate to this thread......http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ml#post6048565
fuck no
Old 02-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #20
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
fuck no
Good luck getting yours back up and running.