Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Childrens Miracle Network

Old 03-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Childrens Miracle Network

At work we are asking each customer if He/She would like to
give 1$ to the Children s network
Now this Network is a non profit organization that helps millions
provides medical care pediatric research and
preventative education for millions of kids
What i cant believe is that some are turning me down
i mien its only a 1$ is it that hard out there
So each time iam turn down i put in the $
if you guys want to check it out www.childrensmiraclenetwork.org
have a Great Day
Old 03-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #2
If it bleeds we can kill it
Kicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really nice

Kicker_Of_Elves's Tacoma Gallery
My bank does this, buy a paper balloon for a buck and the money goes to the Children Miracle Network. I was in a rush the last time i was there but I'll buy my balloon the next time i go.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:49 AM   #3
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
donate a $1 to my fund, it's for a good cause.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #4
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
yeah, i work at children’s hospital in san diego in ophthalmology, and we see quite a few kids who need some extra help. The hospital is LOADED but programs like the miracle network really do help out for kids without insurance and such. I approve highly.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #5
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
$1 is not hard to part with but many (myself included) have other organizations that we help. If you chose to donate $1 to every organization that wants it, you definitely would not have enough to go around.

Why post this in the 2nd gen forum?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:52 AM   #6
If it bleeds we can kill it
Kicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really nice

Kicker_Of_Elves's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, it should be moved to Off Topic.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:02 AM   #7
[eric] is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
[eric]'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
At work we are asking each customer if He/She would like to
give 1$ to the Children s network
Now this Network is a non profit organization that helps millions
provides medical care pediatric research and
preventative education for millions of kids
What i cant believe is that some are turning me down
i mien its only a 1$ is it that hard out there
So each time iam turn down i put in the $
if you guys want to check it out www.childrensmiraclenetwork.org
have a Great Day
I think its great what you are doing, but you should not be upset when someones chooses not to participate. Not everyone is going to have the same beliefs or priorities. Maybe they already made a donation to the childrens network or some other charity. Maybe they've had bad experiences in past making a donation.

I know, thats a lot a maybes. I have worked with several of non-profits and one thing I have noticed is that you can not expect too much from people. people get angry if you always ask for something. sometimes you have to give back. like offer them an opportunity to spend a day with one of the kids.

I personally have also stopped i giving money to non-profits myself. many non-profits cant afford to have the level of management they need. money and resources are not properly allocated and/or wasted. I now offer to volunteer instead or offer my IT/IS consulting services free or pretty close too.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #8
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by [eric] View Post
I think its great what you are doing, but you should not be upset when someones chooses not to participate. Not everyone is going to have the same beliefs or priorities. Maybe they already made a donation to the childrens network or some other charity. Maybe they've had bad experiences in past making a donation.

I know, thats a lot a maybes. I have worked with several of non-profits and one thing I have noticed is that you can not expect too much from people. people get angry if you always ask for something. sometimes you have to give back. like offer them an opportunity to spend a day with one of the kids.

I personally have also stopped i giving money to non-profits myself. many non-profits cant afford to have the level of management they need. money and resources are not properly allocated and/or wasted. I now offer to volunteer instead or offer my IT/IS consulting services free or pretty close too.
good point