1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weight Dilemma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by OahuGrown88, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Feb 17, 2014 at 3:53 PM
    OahuGrown88

OahuGrown88 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    BFG AT 265/75R16. ARB Bumper. OME 886 w/ Dakar Leafs. Warn M8000. PIAA Fogs. SEO Synthetic winchline. Leer 100R. Thule Tracker II.
    I know there is plenty of discussion about this and I have searched throughout the forum and elsewhere to learn as much as possible, but I would like to hear input specific to my situation.

I am planning to install an ARB front bumper and Warn M8000 winch on my 2014 AC 2.7L 4x4 in the near future.

I am divided though on how to upgrade my suspension to support the added weight.

Option 1 would be go with a full OME 886 setup, see below, and go up to a 265/75/16 tire.
    http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=-8414

Option 2 would be to go with toytec front coilovers TTAFCS-6005, see below, maintain stock height and 265/70/16 tire.
    http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=-6881

I understand lifts, bigger tires and weight result in power/mpg loss, but I am curious whether which option would result in a lower loss of power or mpg. Or would both options be the same? if not even noticeable? I tend to do a decent amount of highway driving (70-75mph) and I enjoy the mpg/power of the factory setup. Would doing either option result in a drastic change? unbearable to drive on highway? Too much for a 2.7 to handle? Any personal experience or input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Feb 17, 2014 at 3:57 PM
    savedone

savedone Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gerald
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD off-road 6speed manual
    3 inch lift by dealer at purchase

Products Discussed in

To Top