1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what better place to get help with my new Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by toyota1980, Feb 17, 2014.

?

aggressive tire with good mpg

Poll closed Mar 19, 2014.
  1. duratrac c load

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. trail grappler c

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. bfg mt c

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Feb 17, 2014 at 6:09 PM
    toyota1980

toyota1980 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JC
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Sport
    I am extremely excited about getting my new Tacoma in a few days. However I will be replacing my 2012 TT FJ that has many mods and I know will miss greatly. I currently run bfg at ko 265/75r16 and do mostly hwy driving. Arb bumpers with plenty more adds to increase the overall weight of the vehicle and average 17.5 mpg. I have been reading some great info on here for the past few nights and even though I feel like I know a great deal about tires I am still not any closer to making up my mind on what is the best option for me and my new toy. I will do a ome 3" lift immediately and and would like an aggressive looking tire. Yes I know this question has been asked many times and there is plenty of info if you go through the threads believe me I have been readin for a few nights now.

my question:
    If I want the aggressive look with my lift and considering I do 90% hwy driving what would be the ideal set up to keep me away from the pump as much as possible. I get 17.5 and would like to stay around 18 or better if possible.

My picks

duratracs c rated 265/70 r17 31.6
    nitto trail grappler mt c rated 255/75r17 32.1
    bfg mt c rated 255/75r17 (rubicon tire) 32.1
    Wrangler atr 255/75 r17
    I am still deciding if I keep original wheels or upgrade at the same time. Either way tire would work.

THANK YOU all in advance, I know by next week I will have an awesome truck thanks to many of you.

if anyone has a better idea with and aggressive look please chime in. 33" would be my ideal size but I know if I want to keep better mpg my options are limited.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top