Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Line-X Whole Truck

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2014, 02:15 PM   #21
ssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ssanders2211's Tacoma Gallery
I want to do this so bad, probably will in a couple years. On my 99 Tacoma, the only thing that wasn't rusted out was the rhino liner in the bed, and it didn't look too weathered after 13 years in the sun. And that was without the UV / clear coat treatment they have for Line-X now.

To all the people worrying about resale - what the hell? Why would you ever think of selling your trucks? Unless Toyota also offers to buy this one back for 75% of its brand-new value in 15 years, I'm keeping mine until it falls apart.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:22 PM   #22
Lone Star Club
whahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jimbob
whahahajr's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...edliner-2.html
Old 02-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #23
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whahahajr View Post
that FJ is so badass
Old 02-19-2014, 06:42 AM   #24
Long Member
Chayes119 is a jewel in the roughChayes119 is a jewel in the roughChayes119 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force: CS SOF Gunship/Avionics PM
Chayes119's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for not getting back sooner. The color I chose was satin black or flat black. the new Line-X Premier with UV resistant tip coat will keep it from fading. The whole truck including the bumpers, fender flares, and wheels are running me $2K with me doing most of the prep work. I was recently in an accident and have most of the stuff removed off the truck. I have a relentless fab front bumper incoming to be installed later.

I had the top of my truck wrapped with the 3M vinyl and was not inpressed with it at all. When I removed it it took up 90% of my paint even with a heat gun.

My appointment for the line-Xing is Tuesday Feb 25th.

Here is a before picture without front bumper.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:47 AM   #25
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Looking forward to seeing it
Old 02-19-2014, 06:51 AM   #26
Long Member
Chayes119 is a jewel in the roughChayes119 is a jewel in the roughChayes119 is a jewel in the rough

Here is a link to the Tundra mentioned earlier.

http://fnforum.net/forums/freestyle-...ruck-guys.html
Old 02-19-2014, 06:53 AM   #27
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
My paint is FUBAR, I will eventually do this. Member 'username' has done this to his taco as well.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:05 AM   #28
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: 00
Guerrilla's Tacoma Gallery
I remember about two or three years ago, there was a couple of dc tacomas for sale on ebay that had been sprayed with bed liner. I thought they looked good. There was some shop or dealer down in Texas doing them, I can't remember the name. But they had plate bumpers, lift kit, wheels n tires etc.
I think it'll look good.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:08 AM   #29
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
You are Line-X'ing your wheels?

Matt
Old 02-19-2014, 09:13 AM   #30
azhiaziam is on a distinguished road
azhiaziam's Tacoma Gallery
i've done this on a couple things. and if you put a clear over the linex it doesn't hold the mud and other grim nearly as bad as you would think.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:19 AM   #31
Long Member

As of right now I am going to Line-X my wheels to match the color of my truck. That may change the more I think about it.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:20 AM   #32
Long Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiaziam View Post
i've done this on a couple things. and if you put a clear over the linex it doesn't hold the mud and other grim nearly as bad as you would think.

Yeah That is what the top coat is going to do. the Line-x shop showed me how the mud comes off on the owners truck.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:26 AM   #33
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Uh, I'm not sure how well or safe it is to Line-X wheels. Line-X adds a good amount of thickness and weight.

Matt
Old 02-19-2014, 09:31 AM   #34
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Might even make them a little tricky to balance?
Old 02-19-2014, 09:38 AM   #35
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Not worth it
Old 02-19-2014, 09:45 AM   #37
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd. I've thought about getting the white Monstaliner DIY kit for mine. Maybe someday..
Cant wait to see yours!!
Old 02-19-2014, 09:50 AM   #39
Rons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ron
Rons01TRD's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for the outcome!
Old 02-19-2014, 09:52 AM   #40
BRVCKBLVCK is on a distinguished road
BRVCKBLVCK's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to the exact same thing. I hate how my truck gets scratched from the trees when off roading. Cant wait to see what it looks like.

Products Discussed in this Thread