Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Line-X Whole Truck

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2014, 06:01 PM   #161
Roll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quinton
Roll Tide's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayes119 View Post
It added less than 80 lbs to my truck. Can't even notice it. Now she. I add the 200lb plate front bumper will be a different story!

That Relentless bumper will look sick.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:15 PM   #162
sedmondson72 has much to be proud ofsedmondson72 has much to be proud ofsedmondson72 has much to be proud ofsedmondson72 has much to be proud ofsedmondson72 has much to be proud ofsedmondson72 has much to be proud ofsedmondson72 has much to be proud ofsedmondson72 has much to be proud ofsedmondson72 has much to be proud of

Army: MSG
Name: Steven
sedmondson72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
Lemme guess, you've had neither? hahaha just messing. Looks good. Has surely given me something to consider when I eventually get mine done.

Did you ever inquire about doing just a section in Line-x? Like, the top half of the truck, and leaving the bottom half painted?

And what are your plans with the mirrors? Leave em?
You mean like this.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:18 PM   #163
Long Member
Chayes119 is a jewel in the roughChayes119 is a jewel in the roughChayes119 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force: CS SOF Gunship/Avionics PM
Chayes119's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lemme guess, you've had neither? hahaha just messing. Looks good. Has surely given me something to consider when I eventually get mine done.

Did you ever inquire about doing just a section in Line-x? Like, the top half of the truck, and leaving the bottom half painted?

And what are your plans with the mirrors? Leave em?
I did inquire about just doing the rocker panels and bumpers. The guy who did mine had the rockers and flames done out of line-x on his truck. They can do pretty much whatever you can think of. There are two types of mirrors on tacomas. Some are paintable and others are not. If it is not a paintable service the line-x will not stick over time. The mirrors on most black sand pearl tacomas are not paintable. So I am going to just leave them.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:20 PM   #164
Long Member
Chayes119 is a jewel in the roughChayes119 is a jewel in the roughChayes119 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedmondson72 View Post
You mean like this.
That is what I was going to do originally. I went ahead and did the whole truck. I was tired of all the tree scraps and having to buff the paint after every trail ride. I live in GA and we have a ton of trees.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:21 PM   #165
Long Member

Quote:
That Relentless bumper will look sick.
I agree. Wish April would hurry up and get here.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:31 PM   #166
sedmondson72 has much to be proud ofsedmondson72 has much to be proud ofsedmondson72 has much to be proud ofsedmondson72 has much to be proud ofsedmondson72 has much to be proud ofsedmondson72 has much to be proud ofsedmondson72 has much to be proud ofsedmondson72 has much to be proud ofsedmondson72 has much to be proud of

Army: MSG
Name: Steven
sedmondson72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That is what I was going to do originally. I went ahead and did the whole truck. I was tired of all the tree scraps and having to buff the paint after every trail ride. I live in GA and we have a ton of trees.
I might eventually do the whole truck for the same reason. Tired of the scratches and door dings from careless fricking people. I took the carpet out and did floor with herculiner as well.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:37 PM   #167
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Everywhere has a ton of trees. Except Oklahoma. Anyway.. OP, looks great! Different, but awesome! Probably could take a hammer to it and it would be fine
Old 03-13-2014, 10:22 PM   #168
TaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
TaylorU's Tacoma Gallery
I love your headlights! What are they??

Btw the truck looks so sick man
Old 03-14-2014, 07:12 AM   #169
Long Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorU View Post
I love your headlights! What are they??

Btw the truck looks so sick man
http://www.amazon.com/AnzoUSA-121282...+toyota+tacoma

here is a link. you can also find them on eaby for cheaper
Old 03-16-2014, 12:09 AM   #170
jonkassidy is on a distinguished road

jonkassidy's Tacoma Gallery
That's crazy!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:56 AM   #171
jhatcher1021 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: volunteer Fire Fighter
jhatcher1021's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
I am going next week to have my whole truck exterior Line-X. I have seen several Tundras and Jeeps but no Tacomas. I have an 06 DCLB and the paint has about had it from all the trail riding. Give me your thoughts. I will post pics before and after.

***Updated pictures***
Here are the pictures that I took today. I am still waiting on the front bumper.

Night picture

Before

After

***Here are some pics right out of the spray booth***

How much did this set you back man?? this is awesome
Old 04-08-2014, 12:16 PM   #172
Long Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhatcher1021 View Post
How much did this set you back man?? this is awesome
It will end up being around $2K including my front bumper when it arrives.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:55 AM   #174
Long Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
Too bad the pics are upside down.
I have tried to fix it several times. When you upload pics from an iPad or iPhone to tacomaworld they are always upside down but they look right side up on my device. I tried editing all the photos and still the same results.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:03 AM   #175
pat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pat's taco's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't pull the trigger to do something this bold. Truck looks awesome.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:51 AM   #176
yf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yf19's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have tried to fix it several times. When you upload pics from an iPad or iPhone to tacomaworld they are always upside down but they look right side up on my device. I tried editing all the photos and still the same results.
Your default position of your iWhatever when you take a pic is upside down. The next time you take a pic and you position your device how you normally would, remember it is upside down and flip it the other way.

It will always look right when you see it though the device because it is fliping the upside down pic right side up but when you download it here, it will be upside down. Android devices for some reason don't have that problem.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:09 AM   #177
Long Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yf19 View Post
Your default position of your iWhatever when you take a pic is upside down. The next time you take a pic and you position your device how you normally would, remember it is upside down and flip it the other way.

It will always look right when you see it though the device because it is fliping the upside down pic right side up but when you download it here, it will be upside down. Android devices for some reason don't have that problem.
I am going redo the op from my computer to get the images correct. Thanks for the input.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:30 AM   #178
AEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Director of Wing Inspections
Name: Chris
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Interesting how yours is the only thread like this...weird!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:51 AM   #179
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
where did you get your mesh in your grill?
Old 04-09-2014, 12:45 PM   #180
Long Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohbsTaco View Post
where did you get your mesh in your grill?
I actually bought the grill off of ebay for $150 bucks it is one piece grill. This is my second one like this and I reall like it for the price.

Products Discussed in this Thread