1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota fixed my squeaky transmission

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Aerial Tacoma, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Feb 18, 2014 at 12:47 PM
    Aerial Tacoma

Aerial Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    Kodiak Ak
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road Access Cab
    TRD Cold Air Intake, TRD Catback, Original HomerTaco Raptor Grill, TRD Trail Teams "Black", Duratrac 265/75/16, ALL PRO apex rear bumper, Retrofits W/ BHLM halos and deamon eyes
    As the title says Toyota fixed my squeaky transmission. It was a TSB so it was no charge to me which is nice. They replaced the clutch bearing assy, clutch cylinder assy and the release support. it is nice tho, squeak is gone but it also feels better than when i bought the truck new. truck is a 2010 access cab , 6sp manual..

so just FYI if anyone has a squeaky transmission the criteria fot the TSB is when the clutch is fully released "not depressed" the squeak or rattle noise comes from the transmission area. If yes, does the noise go away when the clutch pedal is depressed. if yes then it qualifies to be looked at for possible TSB.

the TSB # is: T-SB-0365-10 and applies for 2005-2011 Tacoma's and 2007-2011 FJ's with manual transmission

I will try to attach the TSB PDF file for reference

Hope this helps

Attached Files:

2. Feb 18, 2014 at 6:57 PM
    elguapotaco

elguapotaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD OR
    The dreaded TOB squeak. Mine fell victim too. Ever since then I've been paranoid about the transmission. Sucks because I switched to a body on frame truck for the supposed ruggedness. Come to find out the transmission has a design flaw.

3. Feb 18, 2014 at 6:59 PM
    Rupp1

Rupp1 "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR Auto Silver Sky 4x4 / 2017 4Runner Premium
    I have been watching mine for a few months now. I'm at 51k miles, and I plan on taking it in before 60k for this.

4. Feb 18, 2014 at 8:39 PM
    Aerial Tacoma

Aerial Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    Kodiak Ak
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road Access Cab
    TRD Cold Air Intake, TRD Catback, Original HomerTaco Raptor Grill, TRD Trail Teams "Black", Duratrac 265/75/16, ALL PRO apex rear bumper, Retrofits W/ BHLM halos and deamon eyes
    yeah mine is just under 52k, i have the noise probably for a couple thousand miles before i found out it was a TSB and i did not need to fork over the cash.

Products Discussed in

To Top