1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cant get aligment in specs with Camburg UCA's

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BronsDaGreat, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Feb 18, 2014 at 4:50 PM
    BronsDaGreat

BronsDaGreat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bronson
    Wahiawa, HI
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport DCSB
    6" FabTech Lift 20x12 Fuel Hostage Wheels 33x12.5 Toyo M/T Camburg Uni's UCA Spintech Muffler AppRadio 3 BHLM Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners WeatherTech Vent Visors 6000k HID Headlights and fogs All Lighting Changed To LED AntennaX 13" Antenna Ceramic Tint K&N Drop In Filter Fully Debadged Blacked Out Emblem
    Is anyone else having this problem? My Camber is negative by 0.6 right and 0.4 left side ... Im running a 6' fabtech DB lift.. Is this enough to really mess up the inner sides of my tires? I do rotate every 3,000 miles.. The Alignment shop was bashing the Camburgs claiming that they are junk and basically saying that i should have went with Light Racing UCA's..

2. Feb 19, 2014 at 6:28 PM
    BronsDaGreat

Member:
    First Name:
    Bronson
    Wahiawa, HI
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport DCSB
    6" FabTech Lift 20x12 Fuel Hostage Wheels 33x12.5 Toyo M/T Camburg Uni's UCA Spintech Muffler AppRadio 3 BHLM Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners WeatherTech Vent Visors 6000k HID Headlights and fogs All Lighting Changed To LED AntennaX 13" Antenna Ceramic Tint K&N Drop In Filter Fully Debadged Blacked Out Emblem
  3. Feb 19, 2014 at 6:41 PM
    amain

amain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Anacortes, Washington USA
    Vehicle:
    07 SC TRD FJ - The Black Lemon
    Fender Cracks
    I would try a different alignment shop. The Camburgs have additional Caster built in and you should have no problem with alignment as long as your spindles are not bent. I just upgraded to the Camburg Uniball from the LR UCA's and my alignment changed but they were able to get it perfect.

4. Feb 19, 2014 at 6:54 PM
    BronsDaGreat

Member:
    First Name:
    Bronson
    Wahiawa, HI
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport DCSB
    Are you running a 6' lift? I also have 20x12 wheels on 33's if that makes a difference.

5. Feb 19, 2014 at 11:03 PM
    motoxscott

motoxscott Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Socal -> Hurricane, UT
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra - 2008 Tacoma
    Camburg, FOX, Method, General Tire, Deaver
    If your alignment shop thinks our Camburg uniball arms are junk then I recommend finding a different shop because its very clear they don't know what they are looking at.

Their is one of two things going on ...

1) They just don't know what they are doing and can't align a lifted truck correctly because their skill set is maxed out at punching your VIN number into a computer to tell them how to align it.

2) Our arms were not designed for a Fabtech 6" kit. You might have an issue aligning it because too much geometry with their kit has changed. Their kit uses different spindles, lowers the lower arms, etc. Also ride height might be too tall, lowering the ride height 1/2-1" could solve the problem all together.

These are the kind of issues you run into when you mix and match different companies parts. Hope you get it figured out so you can enjoy our junky arms lol :)

- Scott @ Camburg

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  6. Feb 19, 2014 at 11:58 PM
    BronsDaGreat

Member:
    First Name:
    Bronson
    Wahiawa, HI
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport DCSB

Thanks bro.. It was clear when he said Light racing was better than camburg I knew I was dealing with a dumbass!!

Products Discussed in

To Top