1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stress crack on windshield? Covered under warranty?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FrostyPower, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Feb 20, 2014 at 8:06 AM
    FrostyPower

FrostyPower [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB Blue Ribbon
    Lift Kit - Toytec 3" Billstein full suspension lift Tires - 285/70R17 Goodyear Duratrac Rims - 17" 015 Black American Eagle Rims Nerf Bars - N-Fab Black nerf bars Painted Fender Flares - Bushwacker flares OEM skid plate
    Anyone get a stress crack on the windshield? I got one. Nothing has ever hit my windshield and it cracked at the very top and has now made it's way all across one end to the next. Is there anything I can do to get this replaced under warranty? Truck is only 2 months old. I don't think I can do anything, but I'd just thought I'd ask. Truck is also lifted but was lifted by the dealership.

2. Feb 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM
    KMitch

KMitch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    14 DCSB TRD Off Road
    Unfortunately, you're SOL.

3. Feb 20, 2014 at 8:19 AM
    2003c5ae

2003c5ae Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    trd sport
    Custom Chrome Running Boards, Black Vinyl Tri Fold Tonneau, Polished Exhaust Tip, Cargo Extender, Glove Box & Console Organizer .
    Try asking the dealer to look at it. Being they lifted it if there is no knick indicating a stone could have caused it there is always a chance. Back in 1996 I had a Ram 2500 that I run hard back from visiting my son in Itthaca NY for 4 solid hours in winter and when I was backing into my home driveway a crack shot across windshield you could hear. I got out of truck thought there would be an indicator of a 90mph peeble but could not find one. I called dealer who stated boldly bring it out they would show me a knick as it is not a normal occurence. I did they were in shock when 2 people could not find any knick outside. Mine started from cowl area under wiper cover and I guess was caused by angle I took into driveway . Was a warranty item and first one rep had seen in his 5 years there. Look it over real Good . Good Luck

4. Feb 20, 2014 at 8:19 AM
    jtweezy

jtweezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    2014 4X4 DCSB OR V6
    I think there's another thread someone started recently about this same problem. I would swing by the dealership and see if they'll do something about it. Even if you could get them to go halfsies on it out of good will, that'd be better than 100% of a new windshield.

5. Feb 20, 2014 at 8:43 AM
    ZEROPILOT

ZEROPILOT Can't re-MEMBER

Member:
    First Name:
    ED
    SUNRISE,FLORIDA
    Vehicle:
    09 2.7 XTRA CAB 5 SPEED
    LARGER WHEELS. DIFFERENT STEREO. PUSH BAR. TAILGATE EXTENDER. WIPER MOD. TPMS LIGHT DELETE MOD.
    It's my understanding that ALL insurance companies will replace a windshield. Period. You have full coverage, correct? Call them and ask. I've had two replaced with no deductible.

Products Discussed in

To Top