Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Deavers?

Old 03-26-2009, 05:38 PM   #1
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Deavers?

so I'm about to pull the trigger on these
http://www.deaverspring.com/products/leafstoy.html
for my 05 pre runner. They are local, in stock and waiting for me
anyone using these? happy with the ride? what shocks you using?
Old 03-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
im going for the full spring pack, I dont have the TSB and can't get it.
this 3 leaf garbage I have now sucks bad
Old 03-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #4
Ride On
JM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
JM76's Tacoma Gallery
good for you, I, myself, am not willing to put the time or the energy to run to the dealer, bitch about my truck,etc. I am just willing to expend enough energy to buy an aal, put on new shocks in the front and rear, and go from there. Good luck with that. I just don't have the money for a whole new set of springs.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:35 PM   #5
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
i just bought some deaver's today, 10 pack with the 11th leaf, i will install them tomorrow, let you know, also with some icon resevoir shocks. it better be good. who are you talking to scott.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:56 PM   #6
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
lets see some pics once you get that stuff hooked up!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #7
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
lets see some pics once you get that stuff hooked up!!!
no problem, tomorrow afternoon.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:35 PM   #8
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah need some pics and most importantly, let us know about the ride quality.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:52 PM   #9
MasterChief
MannyECG is on a distinguished road

MannyECG's Tacoma Gallery
With these Deavers having thinner leaves, what kind of effect will it have on payload?

Will it increase it since there are more leaves? Will it decrease it since they are thinner? Or will it stay the same?
Old 03-27-2009, 06:23 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyECG View Post
With these Deavers having thinner leaves, what kind of effect will it have on payload?

Will it increase it since there are more leaves? Will it decrease it since they are thinner? Or will it stay the same?
it will decrease, don't know how much, give them a call.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #11
got the deavers in, the ride is about the same as stock with 5100's in, they need some time to break in as well as the new shocks, got about 1.5-2.0" of lift, it does feel alot better when you have a hard hit like going out a driveway with out slowing down, we will see when they break in and when i take them off road. here are some pics.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:40 PM   #12
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
very nice, omg I could have used them today.
Only one friggin scoop of paver sand and I was bottomed out, rubbing the bumpstops on the way home. You got the 10 +1 leaf pack?

Monday I should be picking mine up
Attached Thumbnails
Deavers?-saggin.jpg  
Old 03-27-2009, 11:34 PM   #13
after putting some miles on them they are noisey, clanking, creaking when they are flexing. hopefully they break in quick because it is annoying. they are smooth even with all the noise.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:56 PM   #14
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
after putting some miles on them they are noisey, clanking, creaking when they are flexing. hopefully they break in quick because it is annoying. they are smooth even with all the noise.
oh god no, don't say this lol..my last truck '97 F150 was a squeaking machine, even the damn steering squeaked. Hope they quiet down for you.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:59 PM   #15
scott at deaver told me they need to break in, I did not ask how long it will take, hopefully not long, they are quiet on the hard hits but noisey on the little road bumps and such. i just turn up the radio.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:01 AM   #16
hey lb, what leaf pack are you getting from deaver, they lower payload so it would not of helped you this afternoon with your load unless you are getting something custom. btw are you going to the meet in san diego tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:39 AM   #17
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
not sure what ones they are (part J66), listed on the website. I'm close so I can go take a look at what they got. I got the stock 2005 non TSB rear right now. It really is sad lol. I don't haul that much weight often, but what was going on today is just silly, it really wasnt that much weight. If they lower the payload from the TSB pack, I can deal with it.
FWIW they guy at Deaver was clueless about the TSB. I asked if it would raise height 1.5" from stock or TSB height. You had the 5100's? was the TSB done on your old leafs?

No not going to S.D im playing with sand and bricks @ home
Old 03-28-2009, 10:04 AM   #18
i had 5100's, no tsb, it should work better than what you have now, there is not much to see at deaver, small shop. and they are the j66 leafs.