1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best CCFL Halos w/ HIDs

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Keno, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Feb 21, 2014 at 11:31 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Not sure but think there was some discussion about LEDs in a projector housing in that thread somewhere. Also not sure if some of the pics posted were of that. Sorry, know that's not much help.......

2. Feb 23, 2014 at 7:00 AM
    Burnt C6

Burnt C6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Houston Texas
    Vehicle:
    Silver & Black 06 PreRunner
    Bilstein 5100 up front new Powder coated Coil Springs and Calipers, With 5160 in back, New 3” Dakar Rear Spring pack, Slotted and Cross Drilled Rotors, SS brake lines,Icon UCA’S . PIAA Driving Lights, Wheels Pro Comp 7031 17”x9 with 295/70 R70 XTreme tires. Katzkin Premium Leather Seats, Doug Thorley long tube headers and Y pipe, Under hood LED light kit,
    Spyder projector with 4300 K Xetronic digital G2 HID. I just installed them the other day and have not had a chance to drive them at night yet.
    trucks3_zps9b7d01ef_17203f40c1d3be49ee30591852c3fe0305571e45.jpg

3. Feb 23, 2014 at 10:38 AM
    Keno

Keno [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport
    TRD cat-back exhaust, K&N intake, Undercover bedcover, black billet grill set, MB black wheels, smoked tail lights, blacked tags, led cabin/plate lights
    Look awesome man! So I take it you bought the headlights and HID bulbs separately? Can you point me to the place where you got your HIDs? Also, definitely let me know how they perform at night.

4. Feb 23, 2014 at 11:25 AM
    Keno

Keno [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport
    TRD cat-back exhaust, K&N intake, Undercover bedcover, black billet grill set, MB black wheels, smoked tail lights, blacked tags, led cabin/plate lights
    I found the location where you were referring to. The original deal is ccfl headlights with standard HIDs for $361, which seems like a great deal. However, the xetronic digital G2s are an additional $150 which is kinda steep. Do you think that these are worth it for an additional $150? Can you please let me know if you've tested them and how everything looks? Thanks

5. Feb 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM
    ajw1986

ajw1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Pitt Meadows, B.C.
    Vehicle:
    06 Money Pit
    I bought the spyder ccfl black halo projectors and havent had any issues yet. Output is better than the generic ebay brand. Although I still may do my own retrofit in the future I can't complain about the price of the lights. Got them off carid.com

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Feb 23, 2014 at 1:05 PM
    Keno

Keno [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport
    cool. how long have you had them? any issues with the clear surface coat of the unit? did you have to do any additional moisture sealing?

7. Feb 23, 2014 at 3:44 PM
    Keno

Keno [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport
    Ok I went with Burnt C6's recommended setup. Through xtralights.com I got the black spyder ccfl halo's (3rd gen) which come with a fusion brand HID conversion kit (~$360). I went with the HID kit upgrade to the xetronic digital g2 HIDs (6000k) which was an additional $150. I called xtralights and they were able to give me a coupon code that saved me about 7% and my total came out to be $475. More than I was hoping to spend, but am hoping that the HID kit upgrade will pay off in the end. Once my order arrives and I have time to install, I will post the results in some helpful detail in hopes of someone else needing good information, which, I to this point, had trouble finding. Thanks everyone for your input.

8. Feb 23, 2014 at 3:51 PM
    tensecondchevelle

tensecondchevelle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma Double Cab
    Here is a link to the Spyders that I bought. I got them when they were discounted to $195, they are $225 now.

http://www.racinglab.com/toyota-projector-headlights-tacoma-003.html

I believe they are the same one's you're looking at??? Only complaint is sometimes one of the halo's wont light up, although I think it's just a wiring issue. Other than that i LOVE them

9. Feb 23, 2014 at 5:01 PM
    XPOTRPR

XPOTRPR CNC Programmer/Machinist

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    [09 Boosted 4x4 Adventure House] & [86 22r Minitruck]
    CHECK BUILDS
    OP.. I have the 2nd linked ebay Halo projectors you posted.

Although, I have done some pretty decent modifications to them. They no longer have the stock ebay projectors (crap) in them l. I have replaced them with quality Morimoto Mini projectors from TRS. I also am running Morimoto ballasts and bulbs as well. They are a much better quality over anything else I've tried. and will most likely be a better quality the what is included with the eBay projectors.

They now have the look I wanted with the dual halos but with the performance of a quality projector.

This task was not easy. I spent many hours, weekends, two sets of those headlights, and numerous ballasts/bulbs to get it how it is now. But.. I can say I have headlights that nobody else has. ;)

If you want.. I can post the links to my build process of them. I have some threads asking about my project before I even started as well.

Long story short. Most of the eBay projectors are crap. Whether it be the projectors themselves or the bulbs/ballasts. So be warned. As I was very disappointed with the quality of them.. hence why I took on the task of making them better :)

Good luck OP

Products Discussed in

To Top