I currently am running Bilstein 5100's all the way around, (fronts set @ .85 with a stock linear spring) and since my truck is a 2012 it already has the TSB rear overload leafs.... i'd like to lift/level my truck alittle more and want to do it RIGHT, but also as inexpensively as possible, and since the Billy's I have already aren't very old and still ride nicely i can most definitely reuse them with no problems, so here is what i'm thinking of doing, maxing out the front 5100's to the top 2.5 inch setting and getting Toytec's 1.5 inch rear AAL for the TSB leafs and i figure that will be about evenly level. Now here are the questions:
- Does a front 2.5 inch Bilstein 5100 lift require a front diff drop for proper front axle angel?
- Does a rear 1.5 inch Toytec TSB AAL require rear axle shims for proper pinion alignment?
- Does a front 2.5 inch Bilstein 5100 lift require different upper control arms to clear the coil springs?
- Does this lift i am aspiring to do require a carrier bearing drop?
- is it SAFE to put the Bilstein 5100's on the Top 2.5 inch setting?
- Will the truck even sit level when using just the Front Billy's set @ 2.5 and the 1.5 inch Toytec TSB AAL OR would i have to add Toytec's 1/4 inch Front Top Plate Spacer to achieve the truck being level?
- Does the Toytec 1.5 inch TSB AAL require longer U-Bolts that are NOT included the the purchase of the of the 1.5 TSB AAL?
- Is doing this lift even worth it, or will it just cause more uneeded headaches like driveline vibes etc.??
Like i've said before, i don't have much funds $$ to do this and there is not any good reason to get rid of my current 5100's other than wanting more lift. feedback on this matter is much appreciated, thanks for looking/reading/responding!