Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

BUSHWACKER fenders.....

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
BUSHWACKER fenders.....

Anyone have any experience with these particular Bushwacker fenders? Looks pretty nice and they are on sale!!!
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Exterior-...=B%2fW31920-02
Old 03-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
Screw the fender flares and just go with glass fenders!
See I'm not familiar with this kind of stuff. It just looked pretty cool I think! What is glass fenders anyways?
Old 03-27-2009, 11:40 AM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
I was yanking your chain just a little, but the glass fenders are pretty sweet on a long travel setup...

http://www.glassworksunlimited.com/20to20totafr.html

Wow! Those look sweet too!! How does it really install though? It looks like a whole new side piece instead of just an add-on?
Old 03-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
WW -- those bushwacker flares won't work on your truck. They only work on the "long bed" trucks (reg cabs, acc cabs, and double cab long beds) -- nothing for short bed from bushwacker yet.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #7
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Wow! Those look sweet too!! How does it really install though? It looks like a whole new side piece instead of just an add-on?
Yep, it replaces your entire fender. I think the fronts bolt straight on, but the rears require just a little extra work.

Of course, you get them raw. Then you gotta take them to a body shop to be painted.... More involved than fender flares, but they look kick ass!
Old 03-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #8
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep, it replaces your entire fender. I think the fronts bolt straight on, but the rears require just a little extra work.

Of course, you get them raw. Then you gotta take them to a body shop to be painted.... More involved than fender flares, but they look kick ass!

you getting them???
Old 03-27-2009, 11:58 AM   #10
Evans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ty
Evans381's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I wanted a white set for my truck but they dont make them. How gay is that?
Old 03-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #11
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans381 View Post
Yea I wanted a white set for my truck but they dont make them. How gay is that?
I think they only come one color you get them painted

Edit: oh yea and the bushwackers are bad ass, these are the pocket style in the pic
Old 03-27-2009, 12:04 PM   #12
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
WW -- those bushwacker flares won't work on your truck. They only work on the "long bed" trucks (reg cabs, acc cabs, and double cab long beds) -- nothing for short bed from bushwacker yet.
Damn! I can't believe they don't make them for double cab short beds yet! Those are one of the most popular Tacoma styles out there too!!! Oh well, any idea on when they might be coming out with them Mike?
Old 03-27-2009, 01:36 PM   #13
Evans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ty
Evans381's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I think they only come one color you get them painted

Edit: oh yea and the bushwackers are bad ass, these are the pocket style in the pic
Yea those are the style I was going for. The after market that looks factory. Little more aggressive. But im pissed they dont make them for the dbl short. I wonder if you could make the access cab one work??
Old 03-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #14
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans381 View Post
Yea those are the style I was going for. The after market that looks factory. Little more aggressive. But im pissed they dont make them for the dbl short. I wonder if you could make the access cab one work??
Yeah that's what I was wondering about? I mean, are they really that different in fitment?
Old 03-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #15
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah that's what I was wondering about? I mean, are they really that different in fitment?
on the short bed the very front of the flare would not be completely rounded, it would have a flat front edge
Old 03-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #16
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
on the short bed the very front of the flare would not be completely rounded, it would have a flat front edge
Oh okay, got yah. Yeah I'm going to try and contact bushwacker and see if they are going to come out with ones for the DB SB models anytime soon.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #17
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Damn! I can't believe they don't make them for double cab short beds yet! Those are one of the most popular Tacoma styles out there too!!! Oh well, any idea on when they might be coming out with them Mike?
no idea man... I like them though...
Old 03-27-2009, 02:03 PM   #18
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
no idea man... I like them though...
Yeah for reals! Well I just sent them an e-mail to their customer service department so I'll see what they say and relay it back to you guys "if" they get back to me. If they don't in a couple of days, I'm just going to call them direct.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #19
Mayor of TW

Quote:
Yeah for reals! Well I just sent them an e-mail to their customer service department so I'll see what they say and relay it back to you guys "if" they get back to me. If they don't in a couple of days, I'm just going to call them direct.
hells ya... give them hell! lol
Old 03-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #20
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Definitely a pain in the ass to install the glass fenders. Give yourself an honest weekend for the front fenders and have your Dremel handy.

We'll see how the rear glass install goes after I get my next delivery. That same delivery will take care of the goofiness of such wide fenders over such a narrow front suspension, but that's for my build thread...

Products Discussed in this Thread