Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

The Torque Spec. Guide

Old 03-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #21
MightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Gabriel
MightyMouse-SCT's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good
Old 03-03-2014, 10:38 AM   #22
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
I think it should be noted that Toyota may have the wrong "Rear Diff" Diagrams in the FSM - or at least the Page Titles might be wrong.

DF-41 & DF-42 are supposedly for the "Non E-Locker" (open) Rear diff, but the diagrams and layout look like the E-Locker diff.

Same with DF-68, DF-69, & DF-70. Marked as "w/ Differential Lock", but they look like the Open Diff (to me anyway).

Can anyone verify this? I will switch the descriptions around if that's the case.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:45 PM   #23
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Instead of having the pictures displayed like that, it would be better to have url links. I say that for two reasons:
1. Searching
2. Bandwidth: If you are out on cell coverage, those pics are going to eat up your phone plan.

Otherwise, nice!
Old 03-03-2014, 04:51 PM   #24
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
Instead of having the pictures displayed like that, it would be better to have url links. I say that for two reasons:
1. Searching
2. Bandwidth: If you are out on cell coverage, those pics are going to eat up your phone plan.

Otherwise, nice!
That's why I added the fancy PDF with linked Table of Contents, take it with you anywhere

I use the Ctrl+F Search function a lot as well, so that could be useful to quickly find the Category you're looking for in the OP

I think the pics have a total size of 80Mb, so they're not too bad on bandwidth.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #26
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
That's why I added the fancy PDF with linked Table of Contents, take it with you anywhere

I use the Ctrl+F Search function a lot as well, so that could be useful to quickly find the Category you're looking for in the OP

I think the pics have a total size of 80Mb, so they're not too bad on bandwidth.

I know this is going to make me sound like a nerdy butthole, but please bear with me - you can always drive over to my house and poo in my yard.

I'm just saying that if you just used URL links, the page would load quicker.

I was thinking about data plans and "oops, forgot to download, now I'm on 3G and I need it".
Using this calculator and assuming 3G is going to be 1.544Mbps,
-To load the page (19.8MB) that's about 1 minute 40 seconds.
-If I want the PDF as well, it's 15MB, so another 1 minute 15 seconds.

This is under ideal conditions. 3G can be anywhere from 600k to 1.4Mbps (not counting bursts), not counting any server load slowing things down.

If you changed to hyperlinked pictures, the page is down around 2MB and the largest picture is about 200k. If I only wanted torque information on the timing chain assembly, I could load the page over 3G in about 10 seconds, click the link for 'engine' or whatever, and pull down an image in 2 more seconds. Since I'm only getting the information I'm interested in, user efficiency goes up, and download time is increased 88%
Old 03-04-2014, 09:15 AM   #28
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome post! I will have to bookmark it on my ipad for future local meets.

One note though. The torque specification for the rear suspension u bolt nut is transposed (verified). The manual states 37 ftlbs and it is actually 73 ftlbs.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:33 AM   #29
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
SpacemanSpiff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAsh View Post
Awesome post! I will have to bookmark it on my ipad for future local meets.

One note though. The torque specification for the rear suspension u bolt nut is transposed (verified). The manual states 37 ftlbs and it is actually 73 ftlbs.
Saw that...who/what verified that other than posters on here? Just curious...
Old 03-04-2014, 11:42 AM   #30
...and we're back!

Maybe a call to the dealer would verify it as well.

Here's the OME install guide from Slee, which shows to torque the extended OME U-Bolts to 89 Ft. Lbs, so based on that, you could assume that the stock ones should be closer to that # (rather than a measly 37 ):
http://www.sleeoffroad.com/installat...ns_newlogo.pdf

EDIT - does anyone have any input on my Rear Differential inference?
Old 03-04-2014, 11:48 AM   #31
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! thanks ben.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:53 AM   #34
JUJtacoma2010 is on a distinguished road
JUJtacoma2010's Tacoma Gallery
is this available as one download. like a zip file
Old 03-10-2014, 08:58 AM   #36
SLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
SLACK3R's Tacoma Gallery
Subed
Old 03-10-2014, 02:41 PM   #37
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
I just finished the teardown and rebuild of my suspension and I printed out all the relevant diagrams that I would need. It made it very handy for final tightening. If I could give Benson X another rep I would, but I have to spread it around apparently.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:27 PM   #39
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
This really helps! Thank you!
Old 03-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #40
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Subd, convenient to have easy access.
Thank you for putting in the work