1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Entitled to a loaner

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by happy, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Mar 2, 2014 at 1:44 PM
    happy

happy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eagle, CO
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB SR5 4x4 Silver Sky
    CBI Moab 2.0, 2.5" Radflo Coilovers, Light Racing UCA, Dakar Leaf Pack, 265/75 16 Kelly Safari TSR, Leer XR100
    So I dropped off my truck at the dealership on friday, with a problem that definitely falls under warranty. I didn't really know if I was entitled to a loaner. I found this info on Toyota's website. Thought it might be helpful for others:

If my vehicle requires a warranty repair, will Toyota provide me with a loaner vehicle?
    As part of our ongoing commitment to our customers, you are eligible for transportation assistance [1] under the Transportation Assistance Policy, if your vehicle [2] must be kept overnight for warranty-covered repairs for any of the following reasons:

The warranty repairs will take longer than one day to complete [3].
    The warranty condition requires extensive diagnosis.
    The parts needed for the warranty repairs are not readily available and your vehicle is inoperative or unsafe to drive.
    For additional details, please refer to the Warranty & Maintenance Guide or speak to the Customer Relations Manager at your local Toyota dealership.

[1] The loaner vehicle may not be the same model as your current vehicle.

[2] The Transportation Assistance Policy applies to all 1998 and later model year Toyotas having warranty repairs performed by authorized Toyota dealerships in the continental United States and Alaska. The Transportation Assistance Policy applies for the duration of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

[3] The Transportation Assistance Policy does not apply when warranty repairs can be completed in one day but the vehicle must be kept overnight due to dealership or owner scheduling conflicts.

Here's the link:
    http://toyota.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7653

2. Mar 2, 2014 at 2:35 PM
    xbxb

xbxb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    O.P. Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 DC, SB, 4WD Pyrite Mica,
    undercover flex, Clazzio seat covers, Flyzeyes, Pop N Lock, Shackle to drag me out
    Thanks!

3. Mar 2, 2014 at 3:00 PM
    mollyg

mollyg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    13 tacoma
    3" lift
    In Canada unless you buy extended warranty I wasn't offered a loaner unless you got a good history with dealer.

4. Mar 2, 2014 at 3:25 PM
    happy

happy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eagle, CO
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB SR5 4x4 Silver Sky
    CBI Moab 2.0, 2.5" Radflo Coilovers, Light Racing UCA, Dakar Leaf Pack, 265/75 16 Kelly Safari TSR, Leer XR100
    yeah-- I wasn't "offered" one either--but I'm sure as heck going to ask for one :rolleyes:

Products Discussed in

To Top