1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

High Beams Stuck On

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MarcomaN, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Mar 3, 2014 at 2:20 PM
    MarcomaN

MarcomaN [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marco
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 2.7L PreRunner SR5
    CST 3.5" Spindles, All Pro Standard Leaf Pack, Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks, Rhino Lined Snugtop Rebel, BedRug, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Custom CoverKing Seat Covers w/MOLLE Backs, Masterlock Tailgate Lock, Weathertech Floor Mats and Window Deflectors, Armor Tech Offroad Hi Lift Bed Mounts, Ted Shred's Surf Wax Air Freshener
    When I switch on my headlights (stock), they only come on in high beam, with the high beam dash symbol and all! The control lever doesn't do anything when toggled backward and forward which would normally initiate the high beams. Has this happened to anyone else? A "sticky" relay perhaps? Help me out my TW brothers!

2. Mar 4, 2014 at 10:52 AM
    MarcomaN

Member:
    First Name:
    Marco
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 2.7L PreRunner SR5
    CST 3.5" Spindles, All Pro Standard Leaf Pack, Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks, Rhino Lined Snugtop Rebel, BedRug, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Custom CoverKing Seat Covers w/MOLLE Backs, Masterlock Tailgate Lock, Weathertech Floor Mats and Window Deflectors, Armor Tech Offroad Hi Lift Bed Mounts, Ted Shred's Surf Wax Air Freshener
    Well the problem has fixed itself so far. Forgot to mention that we were having some heavy rain (for So. Cal) when this happened. So I think the case was that something got shooken loose or open recently during some desert whomping and exposed something to moisture. (That's my technical explanation.)

3. Mar 4, 2014 at 10:53 AM
    anders99

anders99 The Sailing Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Penscola, FL
    Vehicle:
    (07 Base 4cyl 4x4 - RIP) -> 2018 4Runner SR5 Premuim
    Taco SOS Offroad Concepts hybrid front bumper Iggy Corp. Switch panel Famous Fab ditch lights and cb antenna mount Pioneer Appradio 2 Halo Led Headlights Led Taillights 3'' toytech spacer lift on front end Toytec AAL on rear AFE cold air intake 4Runner Stock
    Check to see of the relay in the fuse box under the hood is ok/tight. I will try to find the link to the picture of it

4. Mar 4, 2014 at 10:55 AM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    The doohicky attached to the thingamabob is shorting out the whatchamacallit.

5. Mar 4, 2014 at 11:06 AM
    anders99

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Penscola, FL
    Vehicle:
    Taco SOS Offroad Concepts hybrid front bumper Iggy Corp. Switch panel Famous Fab ditch lights and cb antenna mount Pioneer Appradio 2 Halo Led Headlights Led Taillights 3'' toytech spacer lift on front end Toytec AAL on rear AFE cold air intake 4Runner Stock
    Heres a picture to where the relay goes.

6. Mar 5, 2014 at 9:41 AM
    MarcomaN

Member:
    First Name:
    Marco
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 2.7L PreRunner SR5
    Thanks, Matthew! You're the man dude! I know I could've researched and tinkered with this stuff on my own or just hit up my TW bros who know what's up! Thanks, again.

Indeed, Bill. My findings precisely! Haha!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  7. Mar 5, 2014 at 11:04 AM
    anders99

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Penscola, FL
    Vehicle:
    No problem! Hope you get your problem solved.

Products Discussed in

To Top