1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My front toe / steering wheel gets crazy

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AMH3RST, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Mar 4, 2014 at 12:12 AM
    AMH3RST

AMH3RST [OP] eat, sleep, work

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    Camburg +3.5" LT; King Shocks 2.5x8"; King Shocks 2x2" Bump Stops; Maxtrac 4" spindles; Deaver J66 leafs; King Shocks 12x2"; BAMF Rear Shock Relocate; KMC Enduro 16x9; BFG KM3 315/75R16; BAMF BTG Light Bar; 2 20" Toughlight Pro Series LED Light Bars; Cab Cage
    Every time I hit the dirt my front toe gets way out of spec in either direction. Camber and caster stays the same. I know I drive a little harder than I should with my front setup, but it is too dramatic of a change in the steering wheel angle to think it it just me and my driving. My truck has factory rack bushings and 119k. There is no slop or dead space while turning. I have a vibration when the tires are cold. It goes away when they warm up. Think it's just the bushings? Also I have been searching for half an hour and cannot find some polyurethane rack bushings for a second gen. I see leads that go no where once I get to the websites. DSM, Wheelers, Summit, Google searches that refer me to TW threads that lead to those sites. Ideas?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  2. Mar 4, 2014 at 3:51 AM
    tundrataco

tundrataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    eastern townships, quebec
    front bilsteins 2.5" lift, rear aal 2.5" lift, flowmaster 40 series muffler, kenwood headunit, ultraguage, allpro bolton sliders
    i got a set of rack bushings from wheelers 2 years ago heres the link

3. Mar 4, 2014 at 8:02 PM
    AMH3RST

AMH3RST [OP] eat, sleep, work

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    Camburg +3.5" LT; King Shocks 2.5x8"; King Shocks 2x2" Bump Stops; Maxtrac 4" spindles; Deaver J66 leafs; King Shocks 12x2"; BAMF Rear Shock Relocate; KMC Enduro 16x9; BFG KM3 315/75R16; BAMF BTG Light Bar; 2 20" Toughlight Pro Series LED Light Bars; Cab Cage
    Thanks. I was having a full retard moment.

Products Discussed in

To Top