Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

13 mpg road trip

Old 10-01-2007, 01:39 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
13 mpg road trip

Coming back from va i only got 13-14 mpg that stinks.

well i was towing a u-haul 5x8 trailer and had a reclining love seat in the bed. and was avg over 70 close to 75 the hole way. Maybe that had somthing to do with it. Newport news va to charlotte nc in 6 hours towing a trailer not to bad. Well i think it is pretty good.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, thats probably about normal if you were averaging 70/75mph the whole way. if you had the ac on, that was part of it too. otherwise, not all that bad.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:09 PM   #3
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
taco you think i was moving a little. Can you imagine the looks on some peoples faces when that taco came bye them with that trailer in tow. I passed a ram 1500 pulling the same size trailer
Old 10-01-2007, 05:24 PM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDITECH View Post
taco you think i was moving a little. Can you imagine the looks on some peoples faces when that taco came bye them with that trailer in tow. I passed a ram 1500 pulling the same size trailer

and this is why we drive tacomas my friend.........everything else is created unequal!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 05:38 PM   #5
hey taco 06 have plans to go to rockingham drag way sat dec 1 with a friend who has a trailblazer ss. let me know if you think you can go.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:59 PM   #6

Quote:
hey taco 06 have plans to go to rockingham drag way sat dec 1 with a friend who has a trailblazer ss. let me know if you think you can go.
as time gets a little closer, i'll be able to tell you for sure man. ive been there before though, cool drag strip.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:04 AM   #7
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
I pulled past quite a few people with my load this past weekend. I was hauling 2 couches, a hutch, cypress bed frame (heavy), filing cabinet, chairs, bar table and stools, an end table, and a coffee table.

I wish I could have seen their faces as I flew past them at 75 MPH with a fully loaded trailer and bed. Of course, it would have been more fun if I could tell them I was doing that with a 4 cylinder and still getting 17 MPG.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:38 AM   #8
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Towing and aerodynamics.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:44 AM   #9
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Speaking of aerodynamics: I found that towing that trailer empty with the drop gate in the up position causes more drag and slows me down more than having a fully loaded bed and trailer.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:13 AM   #10
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
I tow heavy loads frequently. Weights in the range of 5000 to 6500 pounds. Let me tell you, its not pretty. If the road is flat/level, things go well. Throw in a few hills and she screams murder. In most cases even 3rd gear seems weak. Though its rated for 6500 pounds, I wish it had a little more torque to do the job. Apart from that, I LOVE MY TACO.