LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I want my new truck!!!!!

Old 03-05-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
harley3 has a spectacular aura aboutharley3 has a spectacular aura aboutharley3 has a spectacular aura about

Navy:
Name: Scott
harley3's Tacoma Gallery
I want my new truck!!!!!

I thought my truck would be in this week but I found out this morning that it just started being built this week. So now it will be here in 3 to 4 weeks, basically before the end of the month. If it does get here by then it will have been 8 weeks. I'm more paranoid that something will happen to my 2011 and screw up the whole deal.

I ordered a Silver Sky Metallic 2014 DLCB TRD Sport 4x4 Entune Premium with JBL.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
transplant is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: theo
transplant's Tacoma Gallery
patience grasshopper!

i just ordered mine this week. i know those feels bro.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:33 PM   #3
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Dude relax! I got lucky and I was able to get my truck with everything I wanted that was in state.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #4
War Eagle!
ffdan83 is a splendid one to beholdffdan83 is a splendid one to beholdffdan83 is a splendid one to beholdffdan83 is a splendid one to beholdffdan83 is a splendid one to beholdffdan83 is a splendid one to beholdffdan83 is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: 11 years on the job 8 with TFRS. A.O. Medic Eng. 4
Name: Daniel
ffdan83's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Alabama and the only place I could find that had the exact truck I wanted was in North Carolina! My salesman told me he could get it for me but it would take 7-10 business days. That was on Friday he called me today saying I can pick it up in the morning! 5 Total days and it's already here! Can't wait. Good luck on your wait friend.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
Mmmmm... Beer
14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MACS(SW) ret
Name: Shawn
14TACO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
8 weeks? You've been on 6 month deployments, right?

8 weeks is nothing, you'll be fine!
Old 03-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #6
harley3 has a spectacular aura aboutharley3 has a spectacular aura aboutharley3 has a spectacular aura about

Navy:
harley3's Tacoma Gallery
I want my new truck!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14TACO4X4 View Post
8 weeks? You've been on 6 month deployments, right?

8 weeks is nothing, you'll be fine!

14Taco4x4...You make a very good point. A 6 month WESTPAC makes 8 weeks look like a few days.

Thanks guys. You all are right, I just need to be patient. I am getting the exact truck I want...well before mods anyway. Shhhh, don't tell the wife.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:26 PM   #7
wiseco68 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Garrett
wiseco68's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered my 2014 in December. Still don't have it. It's killing me too.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #8
josh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Federal Law Enforcement
Name: Josh
josh0351's Tacoma Gallery
I custom ordered my bitch in late May and took delivery in early September. Not trying to spook you, as the effin dealer ordered a Sport by mistake the first time instead of an Off Road (or I would have taken delivery in late July). But it will take every bit of 6 weeks based on my experience with this...twice for the same rig.

Good luck, it's well worth the wait!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:21 PM   #9
bvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: pat
Location: Upstate South Carolina near Spartanburg but have lived lots of places
bvlpxm's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Sounds much like the exact 2014 4x4 DCSB sport truck 1 bought. they were rolling it off a truck into the lot on Nov 9 2013 in Ashville NC. I liked it & drove it home a few hours later with "no haggle" pricing OTD of $30,700.

Still getting used to it only 1,250 miles in 4 mos!
Old 03-06-2014, 08:48 AM   #10

Navy:
harley3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvlpxm View Post
Sounds much like the exact 2014 4x4 DCSB sport truck 1 bought. they were rolling it off a truck into the lot on Nov 9 2013 in Ashville NC. I liked it & drove it home a few hours later with "no haggle" pricing OTD of $30,700.

Still getting used to it only 1,250 miles in 4 mos!
What all did you get on yours that is different? They did add heated seats to mine some regional build thing but that will be negotiated since I didn't order them with that. The good thing is that the GM is a friend so I know I will get a good deal when all is said an done between this truck and the trade in/lease payoff of my 2011 TXPro Prerunner
Old 03-06-2014, 08:49 AM   #11
usafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weather Journeyman
Name: Zach
usafwx's Tacoma Gallery
Nice color choice!
Old 03-06-2014, 07:41 PM   #12
I LIVE FOR THIS
ARB1977 has a spectacular aura aboutARB1977 has a spectacular aura about

ARB1977's Tacoma Gallery
Been waiting for a new truck since the 05's came out....but then again my 2002 still puts a smile on my face. Looks like I'll keep waiting.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:01 AM   #13
bvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbvlpxm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: pat
Location: Upstate South Carolina near Spartanburg but have lived lots of places
bvlpxm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley3 View Post
What all did you get on yours that is different? They did add heated seats to mine some regional build thing but that will be negotiated since I didn't order them with that. The good thing is that the GM is a friend so I know I will get a good deal when all is said an done between this truck and the trade in/lease payoff of my 2011 TXPro Prerunner
Not sure of differences unless we put stickers side by side. 2014 Silver Sky DCSB 4x4 Sport, Tow, Etune & JBL, paint protection film, No running boards or roof rack. Probably some things I am forgetting. Then after some urging the dealer put in a gentex auto dim, temperature, homelink mirror at no charge to me since it was listed in his showroom brochure & on my build sheet . Added some stuff since then but off the lot they soended the same
Old 03-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #14
Ehc0720 is on a distinguished road
Ehc0720's Tacoma Gallery
Back in Jan I wanted a 2014 Silver Sky DoubleCab Prerunner TRD Sport with etune and towing. Did a search on cars.com and found a few here in FL. The closest dealer to me (15mi) had this one I got, and an off road one and an access cab one all in silver sky. I didn't want Off Road, but I did test drive it and it seemed to ride smoother than the sport, liked the longer bed on the access but wanted the bigger cab. Got it for $28,995 +TTL.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:12 AM   #15
Vorra65 is on a distinguished road

Vorra65's Tacoma Gallery
6 weeks 2 days, from the day I handed the specs to the salesman. Truck was built in SA,TX. I had a vin# along with all the data that comes on the monroney approx. 3 weeks into the deal.

Sorry you have to wait, sux- that you finally make up your mind to buy a brand new vehicle- then get dicked around.

Your deal sounds a little un-reasonable to me.
Find a sales rep that is motivated.......

Tons of DC's in my area- no AC's to choose from- that's why mine had to be ordered.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:27 PM   #16

Navy:
harley3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvlpxm View Post
Not sure of differences unless we put stickers side by side. 2014 Silver Sky DCSB 4x4 Sport, Tow, Etune & JBL, paint protection film, No running boards or roof rack. Probably some things I am forgetting. Then after some urging the dealer put in a gentex auto dim, temperature, homelink mirror at no charge to me since it was listed in his showroom brochure & on my build sheet . Added some stuff since then but off the lot they soended the same
Sounds just about like mine but like ya said, no sticker, not sure of the details. I know my MSRP is somewhere between $35,000-$36,000 and we will be working on the numbers the week after next. The GM is a close friend so he didn't worry about any paper work before ordering and I know I will get a fair deal. I'll just be glad to be done with the lease on the 2011 and buying this 2014.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #17

Navy:
harley3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorra65 View Post
6 weeks 2 days, from the day I handed the specs to the salesman. Truck was built in SA,TX. I had a vin# along with all the data that comes on the monroney approx. 3 weeks into the deal.

Sorry you have to wait, sux- that you finally make up your mind to buy a brand new vehicle- then get dicked around.

Your deal sounds a little un-reasonable to me.
Find a sales rep that is motivated.......

Tons of DC's in my area- no AC's to choose from- that's why mine had to be ordered.
At the time I ordered there was only 1 truck with the option package I wanted in the country. It was Red, in Chicago and still didn't have everything I wanted. At that point we just decided to order exactly what I wanted. We were on his computer looking at actual Toyota inventory, what was in the process of being built and what step in the build process the vehicles were in. We tried to just change options on one that had already been ordered but they system wouldn't except the changes. That would have shaved off some time. So they ended up having to placed a complete new order.

The guy I am working with is a close friend so I know I'm not getting the run around, just dealing with delays and the fact that I hadn't talked to him at all since we ordered it until this week, so I was going off of the original time frame before they had even entered the order. That is my fault for not getting an update earlier.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:16 PM   #18

Marines:
Quote:
At the time I ordered there was only 1 truck with the option package I wanted in the country. It was Red, in Chicago and still didn't have everything I wanted. At that point we just decided to order exactly what I wanted. We were on his computer looking at actual Toyota inventory, what was in the process of being built and what step in the build process the vehicles were in. We tried to just change options on one that had already been ordered but they system wouldn't except the changes. That would have shaved off some time. So they ended up having to placed a complete new order.

The guy I am working with is a close friend so I know I'm not getting the run around, just dealing with delays and the fact that I hadn't talked to him at all since we ordered it until this week, so I was going off of the original time frame before they had even entered the order. That is my fault for not getting an update earlier.

sounds like about what im going through. they traded some other dealership for an existing order change but hte factory didnt accept the change on the first try. apparently theyre trying again or for another existing order. the dealer is really doing a great job for me. ill be stoked if they can have a truck waiting for me when i come home from this deployment.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:42 PM   #19

Navy:
harley3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant View Post
sounds like about what im going through. they traded some other dealership for an existing order change but hte factory didnt accept the change on the first try. apparently theyre trying again or for another existing order. the dealer is really doing a great job for me. ill be stoked if they can have a truck waiting for me when i come home from this deployment.
Good luck and thank you for your service.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #20

Marines:
Quote:
Good luck and thank you for your service.
ill take all the luck i can get!

and no worries man, i dont think id know what else to do with my life if i stopped doing this stuff.

oh wait.. maybe have a beer and enjoy it