Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Locking gas cap

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2014, 12:21 PM   #1
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
Locking gas cap

I'm in the market for a locking gas cap.

Are there any brands people recommend or will any from the auto parts store work? Also what''s your reasoning behind your answer.

Thank you in advance for your input
Old 03-06-2014, 12:44 PM   #2
harley3 has a spectacular aura aboutharley3 has a spectacular aura aboutharley3 has a spectacular aura about

Navy:
Name: Scott
harley3's Tacoma Gallery
I think Gates is the brand I have had on my last three vehicles. I bought mine on amazon.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:58 PM   #5
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
Or you can do this. Just throwing out another option for you.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...r-install.html

Here's mine.
http://youtu.be/MHSgDQxvonE
I've considered, and still am, doing this. Know me I would probably make my truck blow up some how....
Old 03-07-2014, 08:59 PM   #6
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Just get the stent it is cheap and it will definitely help keep potetional thieves out.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:01 PM   #7
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I have a stant and a napa one . Make sure you test fit it because different years can vary .
Old 03-07-2014, 09:01 PM   #8
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensecondchevelle View Post
I've considered, and still am, doing this. Know me I would probably make my truck blow up some how....
Do it!! No worries, it's an easy install. Only part that takes the longest is when your running the wires.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:28 PM   #9
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
I've gone through 2 Stants on my 07... first one wouldn't lock and the second one fell apart from the inside. Went to the Murry brand at O'Riellys Auto Parts and haven't had an issue since... been on for at least 4 years now.

Products Discussed in this Thread