Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2014 - Not what I expected

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #41
Junior Member
stevecraighead is on a distinguished road
Joined: Mar 2014, #124297
Gender: Male
Posts: 2
stevecraighead's Tacoma Gallery
Love my 2014 Tacoma

I bought a 2014 TRD DC 4X4. I am not disappointed in the least; however, the auto dimming mirror with outside temperature would have been nice. I ordered a Gentek with Homelink, compass and temperature. I also upgrade to the Michelin LTX AT/2 tires. Two other things I wished it had was heated mirrors and auto roll down and roll up on the front windows.

Overall it is a great quality truck and well built.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:16 PM   #42
Junior Member
jonsjeep is on a distinguished road
Joined: Oct 2013, #115337
Location: Denver, CO
Gender: Male
Posts: 3
jonsjeep's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2014 AC TRD OR and I have to agree that the one thing that really bothers me (if I had to pick something) is the lack of outside temperature. I have the navigation and entune and it has the weather on the screen (usually for suburb south of Denver oddly enough), but it's not the same as knowing the immediate outside temperature.

Also even though I love my truck, some of the components DO feel a lot cheaper than my old roommate's 2003 TRD OR, like the plastic door handles.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:38 AM   #43
Senior Member
jamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nice
Name: james
Joined: Mar 2012, #75758
Gender: Male
Posts: 157
jamesinkeys's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbrdr1220 View Post
Yeah right, good luck with Cadillac. Would never buy another one. My Cadillac Deville with barely over 100,000 miles on it has:

1) A dash that sounds like a thousand crickets live in it.

2) The blower motor squeals like crazy above level 1.

3) Has 1 broken window, and another one that is rubbing on something inside the door when you put it up/down.

4) Has an air pump out to recycle air for emissions. (luckily I don't need an emissions sticker so don't need to fix that)

5) The air pump for my air bag shocks went out also, had to convert them to regular shocks or would have paid 4 times as much. Now the ride isn't what it was.

6) A torque converter sensor is starting to go and causes the car to shift hard into gears sometimes.


As an added bonus anyone trying to sell me something who sees me drive up in the Caddy, automatically raises their price by 25%. That's my experience with Cadillac. I can say it hasn't left me sit yet, but the thing is barely over 100,000 miles with all those problems. Not to mention a head gasket problem with a cracked plastic piece covered by warranty in the first 20,000 miles.
You aint a lackin when you a cadillacin.............
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #44
Senior Member
Pitchfork311 has a brilliant futurePitchfork311 has a brilliant futurePitchfork311 has a brilliant futurePitchfork311 has a brilliant futurePitchfork311 has a brilliant futurePitchfork311 has a brilliant futurePitchfork311 has a brilliant futurePitchfork311 has a brilliant futurePitchfork311 has a brilliant futurePitchfork311 has a brilliant futurePitchfork311 has a brilliant future
 
Pitchfork311's Avatar
Name: Trick
Joined: Apr 2013, #101165
Location: T-Town Zona
Gender: Guy
Posts: 262
Pitchfork311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firenailer View Post
Maybe I'll take another look after they do the re-vamp in 2015.
What are you expecting? Its going to be the same truck, they will release the TRD Pro for the 15 year line up and already published its photos, its the same old truck. Why does everyone think the 15 will be a new tacoma?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #45
Member
frankrizzo is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Drew
Joined: Jan 2014, #120043
Gender: Dude
Posts: 42
frankrizzo's Tacoma Gallery
Yes it could be better but it could be worse! For me auto dimming mirrors just dont do enough for my eyes compaired to the old flip up/down (which for some reason people tend to move the mirror vice just flipping the tab......sorry pet peeve rant.) There are things called garage door openers, if you want to know what the weather is look out of or roll down the window, and if the temp is that important to know....drive by a bank! Yes auto window down and up for both front seats would be nice though. As said before its a truck, of course they are going to try to cut corners to make a profit (it helps with my Toyota stock dividens) but its a truck, have fun with it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:35 AM   #46
Senior Member
ssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Joined: Jan 2014, #121976
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 159
ssanders2211's Tacoma Gallery
I've never seen a 15 year old / 200,000+ mile car where all those factory electronic nice-to-haves are still functioning well. I'm glad Toyota hasn't caved to make them all standard - if I really want one of them, I can research one that I like or is common and easy to replace and then install it myself. For the temp reading, there's like 3 million different wireless indoor/outdoor thermometers - just find one that works for you and stick it in there somewhere! Why would you let a $10-$50 electronic toy dictate which $30,000+ truck you buy?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:44 AM   #47
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Spoonman's Avatar
Name: Jamie
Joined: Sep 2011, #63328
Location: Calgary
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,230
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Go test a gm. The Toyota will feel like a millions bucks inside after that!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:46 AM   #48
Junior Member
Druzuki will become famous soon enough
 
Druzuki's Avatar
Joined: May 2012, #78193
Gender: Male
Posts: 11
Druzuki's Tacoma Gallery
I think the point is Toyota shouldn't be backsliding on options in a given package or trim level, and it would be nice if they had some competition to push them to add the last few niceties. I am currently driving a Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 as a rental while my Tacoma is being repaired from a rear end collision and while I don't care for the truck, it has rear disc brakes, heated side mirrors, a cargo light in the box, oil pressure and volt gauges, and at night ALL the interior controls light up! What a concept! Plus it has 30 more HP than Tacoma. Not a big deal really, but it would look good in the brochure.
I certainly think Toyota should continue to offer choice for sure...if you want a base model for a low price, it should be available. You can add your own wheels and tires, stick a temp gauge to your dash, roll up your own windows, etc. BUT, if you sign the bottom line for a $35,000 vehicle, it should be equipped like one. Put the dual VVT 4.0 from the 4Runner and Tundra in there, add heated side mirrors, a cargo light, FULL interior illumination, FULL gauges, disc brakes all around since we're stuck with ABS traction control.... everything any well equipped mid-size car comes with these days. This is my only vehicle, and for the price I expect it to be my truck, and my well equipped daily driver/road trip machine. I think Toyota is building the best product, so much so that I BOUGHT one. But in the upper trim levels Tacoma is missing a few basics that would be easy for Toyota to add to take it the last yard. If you look at the OEM heated mirror mod you will see that the parts already exist in Toyota's inventory, so there wouldn't even be development cost. Lastly, to the guy that calculated it would cost Toyota $18M in profit to put a $100 feature on 180,000 units, you're assuming they would GIVE the upgrades for free.

My .02...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #49
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
Joined: Feb 2012, #73132
Location: SoCal
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,650
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druzuki View Post
I think the point is Toyota shouldn't be backsliding on options in a given package or trim level, and it would be nice if they had some competition to push them to add the last few niceties. I am currently driving a Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 as a rental while my Tacoma is being repaired from a rear end collision and while I don't care for the truck, it has rear disc brakes, heated side mirrors, a cargo light in the box, oil pressure and volt gauges, and at night ALL the interior controls light up! What a concept! Plus it has 30 more HP than Tacoma. Not a big deal really, but it would look good in the brochure.
I certainly think Toyota should continue to offer choice for sure...if you want a base model for a low price, it should be available. You can add your own wheels and tires, stick a temp gauge to your dash, roll up your own windows, etc. BUT, if you sign the bottom line for a $35,000 vehicle, it should be equipped like one. Put the dual VVT 4.0 from the 4Runner and Tundra in there, add heated side mirrors, a cargo light, FULL interior illumination, FULL gauges, disc brakes all around since we're stuck with ABS traction control.... everything any well equipped mid-size car comes with these days. This is my only vehicle, and for the price I expect it to be my truck, and my well equipped daily driver/road trip machine. I think Toyota is building the best product, so much so that I BOUGHT one. But in the upper trim levels Tacoma is missing a few basics that would be easy for Toyota to add to take it the last yard. If you look at the OEM heated mirror mod you will see that the parts already exist in Toyota's inventory, so there wouldn't even be development cost. Lastly, to the guy that calculated it would cost Toyota $18M in profit to put a $100 feature on 180,000 units, you're assuming they would GIVE the upgrades for free.

My .02...
For the most part wel said.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:55 PM   #50
Banana Nut
TheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
TheMuffinMan's Avatar
Joined: Dec 2013, #118280
Location: Denver, Colorado, USA
Gender: Guy
Posts: 642
TheMuffinMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssanders2211 View Post
I've never seen a 15 year old / 200,000+ mile car where all those factory electronic nice-to-haves are still functioning well. I'm glad Toyota hasn't caved to make them all standard - if I really want one of them, I can research one that I like or is common and easy to replace and then install it myself. For the temp reading, there's like 3 million different wireless indoor/outdoor thermometers - just find one that works for you and stick it in there somewhere! Why would you let a $10-$50 electronic toy dictate which $30,000+ truck you buy?
This +100

I've had an auto-dimming mirror fail on my last car (Audi) at 120,00 miles only it turns out it was a problem with the ecu/canbus wiring for that after spending a couple hundred to replace the mirror unit thinking it was a motor. I opted to not replace the ecu as that was $$$$$.

In two other vehicles that have been loaded with features I've seen them start to fail as soon as 50,000 miles. I bought the Tacoma BECAUSE it was/is simple besides for the touchscreen radio which to me is just enough technology. I have confidence it'll last 10-15 years easily and I'll probably pick up a used radio unit to keep around if mine ever fails.

The '14 SR5 interior doesn't feel cheap at all and I find it very nice. If anyone wants to see a crappy interior just go sit in a Frontier, and then in a new Tacoma.

And the whole no-rear disc thing makes me laugh. Most of the braking power on trucks comes from the front since there is no weight in the back. Drum is perfectly acceptable in the rear for these vehicles.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:24 AM   #51
Senior Member
Vantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Vantage's Avatar
Name: Luke
Joined: Jul 2012, #82478
Location: Vancouver BC
Gender: Male
Posts: 422
Vantage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan View Post
This +100

I've had an auto-dimming mirror fail on my last car (Audi) at 120,00 miles only it turns out it was a problem with the ecu/canbus wiring for that after spending a couple hundred to replace the mirror unit thinking it was a motor. I opted to not replace the ecu as that was $$$$$.

In two other vehicles that have been loaded with features I've seen them start to fail as soon as 50,000 miles. I bought the Tacoma BECAUSE it was/is simple besides for the touchscreen radio which to me is just enough technology. I have confidence it'll last 10-15 years easily and I'll probably pick up a used radio unit to keep around if mine ever fails.

The '14 SR5 interior doesn't feel cheap at all and I find it very nice. If anyone wants to see a crappy interior just go sit in a Frontier, and then in a new Tacoma.

And the whole no-rear disc thing makes me laugh. Most of the braking power on trucks comes from the front since there is no weight in the back. Drum is perfectly acceptable in the rear for these vehicles.
A lot of people expect all the gadgets now adays, myself included. I Had a 2012 VW Jetta GLI that was bought at the start of summer 2011, it came with PILES of options. My 2011 Tacoma (with roughly the same build time) has NONE of the options the Jetta had. I agree they should offer a bare bones version, but they should also have a model with all the bells and whistles.

This is a list of things that my VW had my Tacoma didn't.

-Heated Seats
-White LED gauges (a Huge one for me, made me LED swap my Tacoma's ugly red).
- Smartkey
- LCD screen on dash
- stereo with a screen!
- Bluetooth
- Sunroof
- Heated mirrors
- 35mpg highway while doing 6 second 0-60's (or faster).
- Power outlet inside cabin.
- Power seats
- Ultra Quiet
- Lights on all window switches, and all buttons
- Dual zone climate control
- a GOOD 6 speed manual
- Hill start assist


That is it off the top of my head. Obviously the GLI was a 1st year redesign, but so was the interior of the 2012 Tacoma, which address NONE of the above improvements. Even Ram/Ford Platinum were available with the above options at this time. The Tacoma "Limited" came out in 2013 and has only a few of these options... So much for being "Limited".

The GLI cost - $28,000 Canadian
The Tacoma cost - $36,000 Canadian.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:32 AM   #52
Member
lungs414 is on a distinguished road
Joined: Jan 2014, #121123
Location: long island
Gender: Male
Posts: 31
lungs414's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage View Post
A lot of people expect all the gadgets now adays, myself included. I Had a 2012 VW Jetta GLI that was bought at the start of summer 2011, it came with PILES of options. My 2011 Tacoma (with roughly the same build time) has NONE of the options the Jetta had. I agree they should offer a bare bones version, but they should also have a model with all the bells and whistles.

This is a list of things that my VW had my Tacoma didn't.

-Heated Seats
-White LED gauges (a Huge one for me, made me LED swap my Tacoma's ugly red).
- Smartkey
- LCD screen on dash
- stereo with a screen!
- Bluetooth
- Sunroof
- Heated mirrors
- 35mpg highway while doing 6 second 0-60's (or faster).
- Power outlet inside cabin.
- Power seats
- Ultra Quiet
- Lights on all window switches, and all buttons
- Dual zone climate control
- a GOOD 6 speed manual
- Hill start assist


That is it off the top of my head. Obviously the GLI was a 1st year redesign, but so was the interior of the 2012 Tacoma, which address NONE of the above improvements.

The GLI cost - $28,000 Canadian
The Tacoma cost - $36,000 Canadian.

Please don't be offended but your comparison doesn't make sense to me. It is like buying an orange and an apple and trying to compare them. I like the orange but wish it tasted like and apple.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:14 AM   #53
Junior Member
Druzuki will become famous soon enough
 
Druzuki's Avatar
Joined: May 2012, #78193
Gender: Male
Posts: 11
Druzuki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan View Post
This +100

And the whole no-rear disc thing makes me laugh. Most of the braking power on trucks comes from the front since there is no weight in the back. Drum is perfectly acceptable in the rear for these vehicles.
What about when you PUT weight in the back of your TRUCK? Or a trailer behind with some decent tongue weight? Anyway, if this was in response to my post, I wasn't making the argument that discs are more powerful, just more responsive and better at staying self-adjusted given that they are now not only brakes but our limited slip, stability control and trailer sway control. Besides that, for the average DIY discs brakes are much easier to service than drums IMO. I guess I'm up to .04 now!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #54
Banana Nut
TheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
TheMuffinMan's Avatar
Joined: Dec 2013, #118280
Location: Denver, Colorado, USA
Gender: Guy
Posts: 642
TheMuffinMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druzuki View Post
What about when you PUT weight in the back of your TRUCK? Or a trailer behind with some decent tongue weight? Anyway, if this was in response to my post, I wasn't making the argument that discs are more powerful, just more responsive and better at staying self-adjusted given that they are now not only brakes but our limited slip, stability control and trailer sway control. Besides that, for the average DIY discs brakes are much easier to service than drums IMO. I guess I'm up to .04 now!
Unless the braking power is dynamically distributed which in most cases it isn't, the distribution of braking power is linear. you'd have the same limited braking power sent to the rear discs whether or not there is a load there so to prevent the rears from locking up or tripping the ABS all the time you'd have to limit the braking power to what it can handle without a load. I agree that maintenance is harder on drums but it's also needed less in my opinion.

I could see an argument for hauling crap in the bed but any trailer that weighs anything over a couple thousand pounds should have electronic brakes you can hook into a brake controller.

I guess I see your point but don't think it's as big of a deal as everyone seems to make it out to be since it works really well the way it is now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:12 AM   #55
Senior Member
Vantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Vantage's Avatar
Name: Luke
Joined: Jul 2012, #82478
Location: Vancouver BC
Gender: Male
Posts: 422
Vantage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs414 View Post
Please don't be offended but your comparison doesn't make sense to me. It is like buying an orange and an apple and trying to compare them. I like the orange but wish it tasted like and apple.
I'm just saying that for what the Tacoma comes with IMO it should be cheaper, you can get a base full size truck with the same options for the same price.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:30 AM   #56
Banana Nut
TheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
TheMuffinMan's Avatar
Joined: Dec 2013, #118280
Location: Denver, Colorado, USA
Gender: Guy
Posts: 642
TheMuffinMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage View Post
I'm just saying that for what the Tacoma comes with IMO it should be cheaper, you can get a base full size truck with the same options for the same price.
Buy one and let me know how much your repairs cost in 200,000 miles and then lets compare to a Taco.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:52 AM   #57
Senior Member
OCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Joined: Feb 2012, #73744
Location: Northern, Va.
Gender: Male
Posts: 179
OCNutty's Tacoma Gallery
They dropped alot between 12 and 14. My 12 prerunner dcsb sr5 package included alloys, homelink,compass,temp all on the mirror, and the backup cam.
Now sr5 has painted steel wheels, standard rv mirror and you cannot even get a backup cam w/o paying aftermarket. figured the radio screen would house it

So what's the deal with the backup cam only available on the Limited??? - this is cutting good safety features...is this really a dont-care for most tacoma owners?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:59 AM   #58
Senior Member
transplant is on a distinguished road
 
transplant's Avatar
Marines:
Name: theo
Joined: Jun 2011, #57759
Location: Crestline, Ca
Gender: Male
Posts: 637
transplant's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCNutty View Post

So what's the deal with the backup cam only available on the Limited??? - this is cutting good safety features...is this really a dont-care for most tacoma owners?
who said that? its available in entune plus and premium as far as i know...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:36 PM   #59
Senior Member
Suffield Miller is on a distinguished road
Name: Miller
Joined: Feb 2014, #122826
Location: new england
Gender: Male
Posts: 111
Suffield Miller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCNutty View Post
They dropped alot between 12 and 14. My 12 prerunner dcsb sr5 package included alloys, homelink,compass,temp all on the mirror, and the backup cam.
Now sr5 has painted steel wheels, standard rv mirror and you cannot even get a backup cam w/o paying aftermarket. figured the radio screen would house it

So what's the deal with the backup cam only available on the Limited??? - this is cutting good safety features...is this really a dont-care for most tacoma owners?
Not sure about your info source...
I am waiting on my SR5 D.Cab with stick. I have the basic entune value pkg but did swap up for alloys.

I don't even care about the camera, its all bonus to me after I got my stick, tow, alloys and D.Cab in green...well its on its way anyway.

Its all personal. And that's what and why owning, driving, modding and rolling over our tacomas is so damnable great!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:56 PM   #60
Senior Member
forana will become famous soon enoughforana will become famous soon enough
Joined: Aug 2011, #61600
Location: Kaneohe, Hawaii
Gender: Male
Posts: 441
forana's Tacoma Gallery
oldies

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondeath View Post
Now, the 93 SR5 4WD was a beast of a truck. Everything on that thing was solid. To this day I regret selling it.

I feel that way about my 87 long bed minus the rust. It was stolen, if it wasn't I'd still have it.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Low MPG not expected zecurb62 2nd Gen. Tacomas 41 02-10-2014 08:22 PM
Expected Engine Life? Taco Face 1st Gen. Tacomas 1 09-03-2012 11:03 AM
First Bear experience. not what I expected takern Guns & Hunting 24 11-17-2011 06:09 PM
Tried the New Rims on For Size..more than expected sac130e Wheels & Tires 2 04-24-2011 05:02 PM
AAL Settled more than expected - what to do? bjamison01 Suspension 4 09-25-2009 10:34 AM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.