1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Poll: 3in lift stock or aftermarket uca's

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by h22dx, Mar 8, 2014.

?

What are you running?

Poll closed Apr 7, 2014.
  1. Stock UCA's

18.8%
  2. Aftermarket UCA's

81.3%
  1. Mar 8, 2014 at 3:40 PM
    h22dx

h22dx [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    louisville,ky
    Vehicle:
    07 trd sport
    I would like to see what percentage of people have stock or aftermarket uca's with their 3 inch lift. Im prolly going to get the OME or maybe even eibach/5100 lift and the uca's will blow my budget. So let me know and what kit youre running. Thanks guys!:D

2. Mar 8, 2014 at 6:27 PM
    h22dx

h22dx [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    louisville,ky
    Vehicle:
    07 trd sport
    BUMP!

3. Mar 8, 2014 at 9:06 PM
    LuckyCharms

LuckyCharms Knows a little about a lot

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    '13 PreRunner TRD dclb
    You kind of have to get aftermarket UCAs if you want your alignment to be right. I have the Camburg ball joint UCAs and I love em. Not too pricey either.

4. May 4, 2014 at 8:42 AM
    jafrisi

jafrisi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    14 Superwhite DCSB TRD OR
    Toytec bilstein 5100 lift w AAL. 2.5 front and 1.5 rear. KMC turbine wheels 4.5 bs, BFG KM2s 265/75/16
    The alignment shop makes a huge difference in this regard. Yes your alignment might be WELL within specs with the aftermarket uca, but there are many people who are getting their alignment within specs (even if its close) with just the stock uca's. And have posted alignment numbers to show.

5. May 4, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    mountainwolfpup

mountainwolfpup Ford Guy (Formerly known as a Toyota Guy)

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F150 Lariat FX4 3.5l Eco
    First month of ownership... This month I'm removing front air dam, and also Rhino lining the bed.
    I say if you don't have the money skip it for now. You can get by with the stock UCAs. A 3in lift is right at their limit and getting it aligned is difficult. So you'll want to get an alignment from a reputable shop that has the best gear for doing alignments. After it's aligned you'll have no worries until the next alignment…

Performance wise the aftermarket UCAs will give you less flex, increased damping, and increased wheel travel. All a benefit when offloading, but of no real value when driving around town.

I will say that after my 3in lift with my stock UCAs before I got my TC UCAs after my lift the truck seemed to get out of alignment more often… I went to Firestone Tire and purchased a lifetime alignment for around $125 so now I just go in for a free realignment anytime I want one.

Now I have the TC UCAs and love them. I can tell the difference, although subtle.

Products Discussed in

To Top