Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Shocks and Why I Hate the Cereal Aisle

Old 03-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #21
Stalker
TacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TacoBrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPC08 View Post
Icon/King/Fox are rebuildable and revalvable to what you want out of them. And they have that "bling" factor. The valving on Icons is also different than that on Kings and Fox. As far as Icons go, and I'm sure the other brands offer it as well, you can have them rebuild with resis down the road if you feel like you need/want them.

If you get extended travel coilovers, you'll need uniball UCAs to get the most out of them. Otherwise, the LR UCAs are a good choice.
I talked to a few vendors about this, and LR UCAs are fine with extended travel coilovers. Couldnt get a firm answer on if you actually lose travel but they said if you do it would be very minimal. Extended travel COs are barely more travel than regular anyways.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:45 PM   #22
cobblecrazy is on a distinguished road
cobblecrazy's Tacoma Gallery
Decision

Well, after much deliberation, and discussions with several companies involved in the lift business, this is what I ended up ordering:

2.5" Icon coilover w/remote res (w/10 position dial for fine tuning), Icon uni-ball UCA, Icon 2.0 rear shock w/remote res, and a OME Dakar leaf spring.

Hopefully the order will come in about the same time as my front bumper/winch is ready so all can go on at the same time.

Wheel/Tire combo is next, but I am thinking of going with a black Method NV and a Goodyear Dura Trac (285x70x17).