So probably a month after I got my truck I really wanted to do a mod on it. I had my air compressor which i normally just kept in the truck with me and decided why not mount it and run some air line. So here is what I did. (regrettably I did not take pictures while I did it but here are the after shots)
So the first thing was to make a couple brackets to hold it and then mount it in the engine compartment in that HUGE space toyota left for us. One thing I didn't think of was the vibrations. I hard mounted the compressor to the metal without anything to dampen so I ended up having to take it off and put some rubber in between the metal pieces. Nice thing was there were so many un-used hole I did not have to drill any new ones.
The next thing was to modify the compressor. The compressor is a Master Flow QMax that you used to be able to get at AutoZone or Costco for $25. I don't think anyone sells them anymore and I got mine on ebay for $20. The compressor works great for tires and will fill all 4 in about 10 minutes without overheating. The issue is that the coupler it comes with is not standard ... so I had to take it off, drill the hole larger, tap it, and then put standard couplers on. I also added a pressure relief valve, pressure valve, and splitter.
I ran air hose from one of the splitters down through the frame to the larger bed box on the drivers side and installed a quick coupler there. I left the other part of the splitter open so I can connect my air hose to either the front or the back of the truck. I carry a 25' air hose with a tire chuck in the truck for whenever I need to air up.
So yeah that is my on board air set-up. I hardwired the compressor to the battery so I can use it anytime I want. Let me know what you all think!
O I also installed new tie down points in bed today so here are some pictures of that too.