LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

subs in an access cab??

Old 03-29-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
taco=bamf is on a distinguished road
taco=bamf's Tacoma Gallery
subs in an access cab??

if anybody put subs in there access cab let me know and post picture. i am interested in how i might be able to do it...... this is for the 2nd gen
Old 03-29-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
this is the one i am planning on putting in, the pics are from Mr. Marvs design.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...enclosure1.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...enclosure2.jpg

Old 03-29-2009, 10:37 PM   #3
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
here is a few ,check out box # 16 , I like that one it's almost $600 tho

http://www.pacific-crawlers.com/showthread.php?t=81
Old 03-30-2009, 05:36 AM   #4
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBtaco View Post

This is the one I did, fits a single 8". Built it myself.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:59 AM   #5
bass mechanic has a spectacular aura aboutbass mechanic has a spectacular aura about
bass mechanic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco=bamf View Post
if anybody put subs in there access cab let me know and post picture. i am interested in how i might be able to do it...... this is for the 2nd gen
here is my setup.
Attached Thumbnails
subs in an access cab??-photo3.jpg  
Old 03-30-2009, 07:06 AM   #6
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBtaco View Post

Pretty sweet boxes!
Old 03-30-2009, 09:27 AM   #7
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffRock View Post
Pretty sweet boxes!
Sort of, Many of those were either poorly designed or not engineered at all. There is no consideration for sound quality, only space saving.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #8
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my setup. Fits a 12" Pyle Driver. Just over the minimum volume req. for that sub.
Another "built-it-myself" one.

I covered it with trunk liner. I'll try to get more pics.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:00 AM   #9
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
this is the one i am planning on putting in, the pics are from Mr. Marvs design.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...enclosure1.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...enclosure2.jpg

What size sub is that?
Old 03-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #10
If it bleeds we can kill it
Kicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really nice

Kicker_Of_Elves's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a 12
Old 03-30-2009, 10:03 AM   #11
If it bleeds we can kill it
Kicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really nice

Kicker_Of_Elves's Tacoma Gallery
SubXclosures also makes some nice ones:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/subxclosures/
Old 03-30-2009, 10:50 AM   #12
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I made my own box, look similar to Marv's because I found it was the best use of the space available. Tried to make a center console box first but my 10" Type R was too big so I had to abort that plan. I still need to carpet my box before I throw up pics.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:08 AM   #13
Metallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to behold
Metallikatz3's Tacoma Gallery
I got a rectangular box for a single 8" sub just sitting behind my seat. I need access to fold the seats down pretty often otherwise i'd make a console style one.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:15 AM   #14
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Its a 1st gen but the set up I have would work fine in your truck too the box cost $5 and its an 8" sub.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:05 PM   #15
bass mechanic has a spectacular aura aboutbass mechanic has a spectacular aura about
bass mechanic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
Sort of, Many of those were either poorly designed or not engineered at all. There is no consideration for sound quality, only space saving.
you took the words right out of my mouth, people dont seem to understand that just because you can stuff a sub into a box doesnt mean it will sound right. at pbest a sealed enclosure for a 10 will resonate at 50-55 hz which is well out of the range you want to play a sub. so for that reason i dont use sealed boxes.
it seems that as time has gone on more and more car audio shops will stuff a sub into any enclosure they can fit it into because they really dont care what it will sound like. their objective is only to sell eguipment and get you to part with your hard earned money to have that equipment installed in your car. once that objective is met, they really dont care what it sounds like. the first complaint will be that it doesnt have that much bass, which is an open invite to sell you more speakers more amplifiers and of course make more money!
its a game thats been played for years in this business. it goes on and on upgrading and adding stuff till your pocket book is as light as it gan get and you throw in the towel and decide its good enough.

for me, i know what works and what doesnt so rather than waste peoples money and time i try to give the right advice and because of my experience i can pretty much predict how a system will sound before i even get started.
so before i try to stuff a sub in too small of a box ill investigate other options first.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:09 PM   #16
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Check my gallery. I built the same one as harshest and had Car Toys cover it.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #18
06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
06TRDsport's Tacoma Gallery
I'm using a JL 12w3 in a generic hatch back box. Kenwood amp mounted under drivers seat.