Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Expedition Overland

Old 03-12-2014, 05:24 PM   #2
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Been watching them all. Great series.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:28 PM   #3
StickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
StickShifty's Tacoma Gallery
yea those guys are awesome. they do an excellent job with there prep work, navigation, filming, and narration.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #5
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty boring. Rather watch Nat Geo.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:38 PM   #6
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh0351 View Post
Damn, why am I just hearing about this? I gotta get outa my cave!
I wouldn't have known about them either, if it wasn't for browsing Expedition Portal.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:59 PM   #7
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
started off good.. but starting to get less into the trucks and offroading, and more into the people.. fuck the people.. I want to see the trucks and offroading.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #8
TanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to all

Name: James
TanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
started off good.. but starting to get less into the trucks and offloading, and more into the people.. fuck the people.. I want to see the trucks and offloading.
These guys live down the road from me, couldn't agree more, a great series but they haven't been offroading much lately...
Old 03-13-2014, 10:13 AM   #10
Gregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Pretty boring. Rather watch Nat Geo.
Have fun with that.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:15 AM   #11
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
last series in AK sucks..... all talk and no wheeling.

sad to see they got away from what made them popular in the beginning and dumbed it down for the masses
Old 03-13-2014, 10:43 AM   #12
Gregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregman's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, you guys are right full of compliments. Considering that it's not done on a Hollywood budget and its provided to you free of charge, I think they did an awesome job.

Where's your impressive wheeling trip report video? Seriously, I love watching wheeling Tacoma videos.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:34 PM   #13
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregman View Post
Wow, you guys are right full of compliments. Considering that it's not done on a Hollywood budget and its provided to you free of charge, I think they did an awesome job.

Where's your impressive wheeling trip report video? Seriously, I love watching wheeling Tacoma videos.

Ive been talking to the guys at EO for years on another forum and have even been shown by them their "secret footage" of them blowing shit up like crappy winches etc. What I said here is nothing I haven't already told them.

Sorry if the truth hurts your feelings, but maybe it's time you man up. This is a truck website after all not some chicks hanging out in a hair salon stroking each others egos.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:50 PM   #14
IAFF Local 34 Professional FireFighters
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Not a show but similar. I've always been interested in the EarthRoamer Stuff

Ran across this one in Colorado Springs last year.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:53 PM   #15
KnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
KnoxTac0713's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe it will get better now that they are heading to the Yukon.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #16
adamh1977 is on a distinguished road

adamh1977's Tacoma Gallery
just started watching and its awesome
Old 03-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #17
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
looks like episode 9 came out yest or today.. any better?
Old 03-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #18
TanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to all

Name: James
TanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregman View Post

As previously stated its a GREAT series, they are just falling out of wheeling more and more, unfortunately. Don't get me wrong I still watch every episode!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #19
Thelgord is a name known to allThelgord is a name known to allThelgord is a name known to allThelgord is a name known to allThelgord is a name known to allThelgord is a name known to all
Army: 4ID
Thelgord's Tacoma Gallery
Have to agree with TanaTaco. I still watch them all and it is a good series, but they are falling away from wheeling. It's becoming more of a reality show that will have broader appeal, which is good for the sponsors, but not really why I started watching it.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #20
VATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
VATACOEXP's Tacoma Gallery
Problem they have is that only hardcore wheelers are going to drop coin on things like maxxtrax, Masterpull winch line and ARB gear.

They're moving away from their base audience to appeal to people who won't be passionate enough to buy their sponsors stuff while most likely increasing Shoebie type watchers, but losing the guys who actually wheel and buy all the high end gear.

In the end I think the new direction is going to cost them their sponsorships and most likely any chance at a series.

Only way to really reach a broad crowd with buying power is to go back to Season 1 type adventures and mix in some Jeeps and other manufacture Overland rigs and make the appeal broad across the Expo/Offroad Community as to attract sponsors and viewers who will actually benefit from one another.