Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

"Soft Camper", Tonneau, Or real Camper

Old 03-29-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
armstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aviator...Four Fans Of Freedom
Name: Sean
armstrsm's Tacoma Gallery
"Soft Camper", Tonneau, Or real Camper

Kid on the way........ Also already got 2 Dogs i'll post pics soon!.. What does everyone think?.. No matter what the dogs will always be in a steel/hard plastic Cage while riding in the back. I like taking the dogs places too.. sometimes in the most extreme elements rain/ snow cold etc... Im thinking Hard Camper, that would provide the best protection while there back there. Then ive got the other idea of soft tonneau. Rigging up some sort of Dog crate in the back, with a boot on the rear window so I would have climate control in there crate too.. Any Ideas????
Old 03-29-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
heres an idea to check out....

Supertop Truck Bed Top $527.60
code "rtmnt" for an additional 5% off and that dropped the price to a grand total of 501.22!
And right now until June 30th you get a $100 dollar mail in rebate, so the price is really 401.22
Old 03-30-2009, 04:19 AM   #3
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
I just put a Leer 100XQ on my 08 DC and like it a lot.

I have a few friends that have has both tonneaus and hard shell caps on their trucks, and every one of them said go with a cap. It offers more flexibility for bed use.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:02 AM   #4
DMZX is on a distinguished road
Army: Section Chief, 1/19th FA
DMZX's Tacoma Gallery
I have a "soft camper" top and really like it. The best thing about it is the fact that I can fold it up, remove it, and put it in the garage for storage. I can do this in ~5 minutes, by myself. Takes the same time and effort to reinstall it when I need to.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:24 AM   #5
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
heres an idea to check out....

Supertop Truck Bed Top $527.60
code "rtmnt" for an additional 5% off and that dropped the price to a grand total of 501.22!
And right now until June 30th you get a $100 dollar mail in rebate, so the price is really 401.22
WOW!! Good price right there
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMZX View Post
I have a "soft camper" top and really like it. The best thing about it is the fact that I can fold it up, remove it, and put it in the garage for storage. I can do this in ~5 minutes, by myself. Takes the same time and effort to reinstall it when I need to.
x2 Love the Bestop
Old 03-30-2009, 02:28 PM   #6
agtex42 is just really niceagtex42 is just really niceagtex42 is just really niceagtex42 is just really niceagtex42 is just really nice

agtex42's Tacoma Gallery
My vote is for a hard shell with a securely mounted dog box in the bed with emphasis on the securely mounted box. It's the only way you can offer the best protection for them in the event of a crash or abrupt maneuvering. I've seen too many dogs get injured riding in the bed of a truck to do otherwise with mine.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #7
armstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aviator...Four Fans Of Freedom
Name: Sean
armstrsm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by agtex42 View Post
My vote is for a hard shell with a securely mounted dog box in the bed with emphasis on the securely mounted box. It's the only way you can offer the best protection for them in the event of a crash or abrupt maneuvering. I've seen too many dogs get injured riding in the bed of a truck to do otherwise with mine.
I like the idea of the canvas camper.. prolly easier to appl/remove myself. But i think my best bet might be a Tonneau cover with a dog box... For now. Then talk my wife into the soft-topper maybe a year from now.
Thankx for the inputs