Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

any suggestions on Good Break pads.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #1
JUJtacoma2010 is on a distinguished road
JUJtacoma2010's Tacoma Gallery
any suggestions on Good Break pads.

so I need to replace the break pads and wanted some suggestions. I used to buy them before from O rielys but now everyone is selling cheap stuff that I dont know how good they are.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:39 PM   #2
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
SpacemanSpiff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUJtacoma2010 View Post
so I need to replace the break pads and wanted some suggestions. I used to buy them before from O rielys but now everyone is selling cheap stuff that I dont know how good they are.
What?

Oh, you must be talking about brake pads. OEM...
Old 03-13-2014, 04:46 PM   #4
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUJtacoma2010 View Post
If you were happy with the OEM pads, replace with same. I know the pads that came with my 2012 OR are very good.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:47 PM   #5
Fire Taco Fighter has a spectacular aura aboutFire Taco Fighter has a spectacular aura about
Firefighter:
Fire Taco Fighter's Tacoma Gallery
search e-bay for "brakemotive" I put their drilled n slotted rotors and ceramic pads on all my vehicles..They work great.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:07 PM   #6
weendoggy has much to be proud ofweendoggy has much to be proud ofweendoggy has much to be proud ofweendoggy has much to be proud ofweendoggy has much to be proud ofweendoggy has much to be proud ofweendoggy has much to be proud ofweendoggy has much to be proud ofweendoggy has much to be proud of
weendoggy's Tacoma Gallery
If you're not hard on brakes, a good ceramic pad won't (shouldn't) squeak and don't dust very much at all.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:09 PM   #7
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
I never thought I'd say it but the oem factory pads are fine and actually fairly priced. I replaced mine with ebc green stuff "truck" pads thinking they'd be better but I could have saved money on oem ones. The only difference I notice with the ebc are more brake dust.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:11 PM   #8
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
http://wheelersoffroad.com/product-c...brakes-212787/
Old 03-13-2014, 06:12 PM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I went with Duralast ceramic pads from Autozone and really liked them. Not very much dust and I felt they stopped the truck better compared to stock. I had them on for over 30k miles and they were dead silent the whole time. I traded the truck so I don't know how long they'll last but they had a lot of meat left on them when at 30k miles.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:19 PM   #10
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Thanks for the link. Iirc, you sell OEM pads, too?
Old 03-13-2014, 09:26 PM   #11
custom90gt is a name known to allcustom90gt is a name known to allcustom90gt is a name known to allcustom90gt is a name known to allcustom90gt is a name known to allcustom90gt is a name known to all

Army: 5/19 SFG(A)
custom90gt's Tacoma Gallery
Hawk LTS for the front. Much better stopping power than OE and they don't make any noise.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:41 PM   #12
Tasty fish in a tortilla
SalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
SalmonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
PowerStop drilled & slotted rotors and Z36 pads from Wheelers. Great setup - I decelerate faster than before. Props to Dan for the recommendation.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:18 PM   #13
TaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
TaylorU's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat. Anyone know if there are four here, or just two?
http://wheelersoffroad.com/product/p...-pad-set-2290/
Old 03-13-2014, 11:20 PM   #14
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
TRD big brake kit
Old 03-13-2014, 11:24 PM   #15
TaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TaylorU's Tacoma Gallery
Also, I stopped by the dealer today and they quoted me $127 for the pads alone! I literally laughed and said no thanks and just bought spark plugs.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:27 PM   #16
Backdoor Commentator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorU View Post
I've always seen pads sold as two pair.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:44 PM   #17
G17GUY is a splendid one to beholdG17GUY is a splendid one to beholdG17GUY is a splendid one to beholdG17GUY is a splendid one to beholdG17GUY is a splendid one to beholdG17GUY is a splendid one to beholdG17GUY is a splendid one to behold
G17GUY's Tacoma Gallery
akebono pro act pads and centric premium Rotors from amazon w/ prime shipping. Have had this setup on my 07 camry for almost two years and no more warped rotors/ shaking steering wheel when breaking.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:43 AM   #18
JUJtacoma2010 is on a distinguished road
JUJtacoma2010's Tacoma Gallery
I hate the squeaking sound. Id rather spend a couple of dollars more and get me a better one.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #19

TaylorU's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADTACOMA View Post
I got 83K miles out of my stock oem pads and will not be getting anything else. Especially this month you get a 50 dollar rebate back from toyota therfore it cost me 50 bucks to do a front brake job. Thats not worth doing it myself, especially if the pins are stuck..
It's a $50 rebate only if you have them perform the service?
Old 03-14-2014, 11:12 AM   #20
Tasty fish in a tortilla
SalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
SalmonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorU View Post
I just bought those ones - it is a set of 4 pads.