Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Why are there so many haters for Tacomas!?

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 01:12 AM   #1
907Yoda is on a distinguished road

Air Force: WEAPONS
907Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Why are there so many haters for Tacomas!?

I don't know about you all, but at work (or where ever) I get asked what I drive and when I answer I get a lot of negative talk about my Tacoma! My 2013 is the second Tacoma I've owned and I will swear by it. It is the best truck I've ever owned and my opinion the best truck out there. Everyone is all about chevy and ford so I tell them lets talk when you reach 150k miles about how many problem you've had. haha We've got the most reliable best 4x4 period! How is our Tacomas better than all the rest of the competition!? Lets hear your thoughts...

Old 03-14-2014, 02:18 AM   #5
loco4x4 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aviation
Name: Bret
loco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I actually get the opposite reaction when I tell people what I drive....I get stuff like "those trucks are bullet proof" or "I've been thinking about getting one of those"!

Old 03-14-2014, 02:42 AM   #6
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Just ask them if they have ever owned one

If the haven't,

ask them how would they know ??

Old 03-14-2014, 03:17 AM   #7
In February 1967 the world became a better place!
robssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
robssol's Tacoma Gallery
Where I live it's a uphill battle. GM plant (Silverado, & Isuzu) down the road shut down in 08. So I'm the enemy because I bought Toyota instead of that ugly $45,000 Silverado. I've driven 91K miles with no problems!
Toyotas CEO is payed less than a million a year. GM give all their upper management multi million to build, IMO, a inferior product. Repair records speak for themselves!

Old 03-14-2014, 03:25 AM   #8
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
I think half the cats I work with drive yotes and several drive Tacomas or Tundras. That said, when I lived in another state driving a Bimmer or Acura I'd get shit from dick weeds at stop lights....

Old 03-14-2014, 03:35 AM   #9
BronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Bronson
BronsDaGreat's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't let it bother u man. Let them laugh and talk shit. You'll see who's laughing when there fixing major components at 30,000 miles. Lol..

Old 03-14-2014, 04:16 AM   #10
TOMRR is on a distinguished road

Marines: 1966 to 1972 Sgt. 2ND. Battalion 26 Marines
Name: Tom
TOMRR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
In the end it's not even worth the effort to explain to them about how you feel about your truck it's your truck you drive it and enjoy it that's all that matters I've let my truck speak for it's self and prove what it can do and first thing is I enjoy driving it and have a blast offroad with it
Well Said !!!!!!!!

Old 03-14-2014, 04:18 AM   #11
biglinc is on a distinguished road

Name: linc
biglinc's Tacoma Gallery
I have had so many problems with ford , chevy, dodge,I decided to buy a toyota= the whole world can't be wrong!I just traded my tahoe in and got a 4runner, problem solved, in two years time the tahoe lost $10,000, my tacoma is still worth almost what I paid for it! once again= the whole world can't be wrong!

Old 03-14-2014, 04:26 AM   #12
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
their not haters, just jealous of the best truck ever made.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:32 AM   #13
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by captchas View Post
here in the nw nj area my 2011 34k taco trd offroad with only 25k on it. is only worth $15k on a trade after that nasty bs consumer reports worst of the top 10 ten trucks a few months back.
just so they can turn around and make an easy 10,000 profit.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:42 AM   #14
TheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TheGoat's Tacoma Gallery
You've got 3 doors to choose from. Door #1, argue profusely with ignorance. Door #2, try to reason with ignorance which usually leads to door #1. Or door #3, Smile, sit back and enjoy the absolute folly. Sure, door #3 sounds like a heartless thing, but being at peace is more enjoyable.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:54 AM   #15
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Have a guy at work that always busts my balls for my Tacoma. All GM, so I ask him what % of his truck is actually American. ... Then ask how much money GM pays out of country labor, denying the people here in our country the opportunity to make that money. It's just banter.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:57 AM   #16
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Down here it's because it's not a full size.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:58 AM   #17
mistaare is on a distinguished road
mistaare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robssol View Post
Toyotas CEO is payed less than a million a year. GM give all their upper management multi million to build, IMO, a inferior product. Repair records speak for themselves!
DING DING DING... Winna'

Old 03-14-2014, 05:02 AM   #18
OCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCNutty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
OCNutty's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

ALot of it may be union related. Folks swear by who got them where they are but times are achangin'. Toyota has ALOT of troubles with the NUMMI plant in CA, esp after GM dropped their end of it. Can't swear by it but I think most of the rust problems came from there, which is not good PR. Good business decision to close that down.
Now that they're in Texas the tide will turn.
Also, haters can't get their brains around 'global' companies. For example Dodge truck owners can't gripe any more; Chrysler is now a wholly owned subsidiary of the Italian multinational corp call FIAT, even after all that govt $. Remind the next hater / Ram driver of that - but keep it civil!!

Old 03-14-2014, 05:14 AM   #19
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
I've never run into this issue. All the guys (and girls) I know that do any off roading drive Tacomas or a Jeep or two. I've never run into any hate with this.

It gets me where I want to go with no issues which is more than I can say for "most" trucks.

Fuckem if they don't like it. I bought it for myself. I built it exactly like I wanted. Sorry if your Chevy, Ford (not counting the Raptor), or Dodge can't do what mine can.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:30 AM   #20
DizzyD is on a distinguished road
DizzyD's Tacoma Gallery
I get the opposite. People are constantly telling me I bought the best and this truck will last forever. When I called my insurance provider, the rep was like "those are the best trucks." I'm just hoping everyone I talk to are right.
I spent 10,000 on a explorer in 2006. Drove it 150,000 miles(200,000 on the odometer). In that time I think I had to replace the front wheel bearings and a belt or 2 other than regualr maintenance... Thats under $2000 per year to own that car. I'm realize I might be the minority when it comes to having that kind of experience with a for but if the Tacoma is even similar, I'll be driving it till 2028, so like I said I hope everyone is right.

Closed Thread