Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OEM Keyless Entry Install

Old 10-01-2007, 07:36 PM   #1
texasporty is on a distinguished road
texasporty's Tacoma Gallery
OEM Keyless Entry Install

Just purchased a 2007 Tacoma Prerunner 2wd V6 Double Cab. It didn't come with cruise or keyless entry. I have been able to find info on how to install the OEM Cruise, but have found nothing on install the a keyless entry. The truck has auto door locks, power mirrors, and a light that blicks on the dash when the vechicle is locked. What would it take to add the keyless entry.

Thanks

Mark
Old 10-02-2007, 03:56 AM   #2
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
You will probably need a control module, receiver, wiring harness, and a bunch of time. I think you are the first person to mention this on the forum. Most of us either already have it, or we don't care if we do. You may want to look into a shop manual for wiring schematics. Those are how I find out quite a bit.

I will see if I can find you a link to a manual...
Old 07-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
excalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud of

excalis's Tacoma Gallery
Revive!

I thought I would revive this thread since, I figured if I posted about it, someone would tell me that one already exists! (someone will probably find one I missed anyway)

I wanted to add OEM Keyless to my '09 Tacoma and have not found much info about ease of install or price. I want to keep it as factory as I can, I have had problems with aftermarket items on my other vehicles before, plus I just want to do it.

Anyone have any install/pricing information on this?
Old 08-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
rustyg61 is on a distinguished road
Name: Rusty
rustyg61's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you find one because I want to do the same thing!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #5
excalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud of

excalis's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket...

I just went ahead and added an aftermarket Autopage Keyless for $100. The cost would be less and less of a hassle trying to find out about the OEM route. Works fine so far, now for the cruise control....
Old 08-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #6
Did you install it yourself? Was it hard?
Old 08-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #7

excalis's Tacoma Gallery
Naw, I have a buddy that owns a car audio place and he did it for me. But the cost for basic keyless is around that price. I didnt want a discount since I helping out his business, but he did say that unit he used is also alarm capable and would activate it for me for cheap if I wanted it later on.

Good luck!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:36 PM   #8
Thanks! Where did you get the part from?
Old 08-11-2009, 02:42 PM   #9

excalis's Tacoma Gallery
He carries that brand of keyless entry. It is an okay brand, you can maybe find better ones but I like it. Works fine for me. Let me know how it goes for ya!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:48 PM   #10
Raylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to behold

Navy: USN, nuclear submarines
Raylo's Tacoma Gallery
The DEI Valet 712T is a good choice, too, I think its about $45-$50 these days. I put one on my last truck and it worked fine lasted a long time. All you need to install either of these is +12v unswitched, +12v switched, ground, and t-taps into the lock and unlock wires in the kick panel. It also comes with a flashing LED and horn output but I connected it to an alarm siren for the chirp confirmation sounds instead.