Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone running 295/65 18s ?

Old 03-15-2014, 10:26 AM   #1
Laplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant future
Laplataninja's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone running 295/65 18s ?

I have a 3 inch ome lift with 885s , xd cranks 18x9 +00 offset running 285 60 TGs . Will I rub on the stock uca's ? And what trimming will I have to do ?
Old 03-15-2014, 02:04 PM   #2
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
The major trimming is on your wallet. In all seriously, tires in that rare size are very limited in availability and manufacturers along with a ridiculous price tag. To answer your question, there's a great chance you will not only hit the UCAs but more than likely need a cab mount chop. Rubbing the UCAs is the easier of the 2 fix by wheel spacers but then that would increase the radius to hit the cab mount. Stick with 285/65/18's. Those should clear with minor plastic trimming.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:59 PM   #3
Laplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant futureLaplataninja has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattapunk View Post
The major trimming is on your wallet. In all seriously, tires in that rare size are very limited in availability and manufacturers along with a ridiculous price tag. To answer your question, there's a great chance you will not only hit the UCAs but more than likely need a cab mount chop. Rubbing the UCAs is the easier of the 2 fix by wheel spacers but then that would increase the radius to hit the cab mount. Stick with 285/65/18's. Those should clear with minor plastic trimming.
Thanks !! What about 275 70 18 ?
Old 03-16-2014, 07:56 AM   #4
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That's a better tire size choice since there's more tire options. You should clear the UCAs but there's a minor possibly you may hit the cab mount at full lock or flex. You can always have the tire shop do a test fit the front but alot also depends on the tire manufacturer and A/T vs. MT.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:26 AM   #5
i was thinking trail grapplers 275 70 18 . does it help i have a cbi front plated bumper? less trimming?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattapunk View Post
That's a better tire size choice since there's more tire options. You should clear the UCAs but there's a minor possibly you may hit the cab mount at full lock or flex. You can always have the tire shop do a test fit the front but alot also depends on the tire manufacturer and A/T vs. MT.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #6
Stay lifted my friends !

yes. Usually having the plate bumper, you have already modified the inner front plastic so you have eliminated the front plastic rub. I think you are fine with that tire size. Even worse case, minor cab mount chop is really no big deal.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:32 PM   #7
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
I doubt you'll need a cab mount chop because 33's fit nicely with a little hammering. Since you have 0 offset on your wheels I'm guessing the backspace is right at 4.5" which means you'll probably need wheel spacers no keep from hitting the UCA's

A 295/65/18 tire is like having a 33x11.50 and there are lots of guys who run 33x12.50 without a cab mount chop, unless you want to do it but it shouldn't be needed.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:14 PM   #8
Thanks for all the info I will be deciding by the end of this week !