1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is there a bed cover that uses our factory rails???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by matt45648, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Mar 30, 2009 at 8:13 AM
    matt45648

matt45648 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Likea roll up cover...

2. Mar 30, 2009 at 8:18 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Access Lightrider does. Comes with spacers and different bolts. take the rails off, install spacers under cover rails under bed rails and bolt back down.

Still lets you use the bed rail anchors- It's a bit harder to tighten them down...but it's doable. I haven't tried it with any other products like the cargo rails or dividers...

3. Mar 30, 2009 at 8:53 AM
    bigrog74

bigrog74 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florence, SC
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Off Road Rugged Trail
    Coming Soon....real soon
    I found a Berlin rollup cover on ebay that uses the rails to mount the frame of the cover. Paid around $200 for it.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Aug 3, 2010 at 11:13 AM
    Nick54

Nick54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    The Bakflip form Bak Industries - http://www.bakliner.com/
    I have the F1 and love it, you just have to be williing to give up your rail tie downs. I'm working on an alteration to see if I can still make use of them.

5. Aug 3, 2010 at 11:32 AM
    764mike

764mike Well-Known Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2008 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
    Undercover SE uses the existing rails to mount the hardware. Installs in 30 minutes and is 100% water tight like a frogs ass. I love mine. The best thing is it comes off in 1 minute and only weighs 58 pounds. Its also very strong.

Products Discussed in

To Top