1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2006 Leftover

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bulldogger, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Dec 3, 2006 at 6:09 PM
    Bulldogger

Bulldogger [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hi,
    new to forum and had a question on a purchase. Truck is a new 2006 Dbl cab long bed with sport package, tow package and 6 cd player. MSRP is $30890. Dealer showed invoice of $27,900 and wanted $700 over for $28600. Then tax but after tax dealer applied a $1100 customer cash incentive. All said and done truck comes out to $27540,before tax. Is this a good deal ? I haven't seen any incentives on the Tacoma trucks only on Tundra and 4 runner. Buy or walk any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Dec 3, 2006 at 6:40 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Hey, welcome to TW. You have to factor in depreciation for the 06. Don’t fall for the incentives and all the sales BS. How many miles on the truck. Was it used as a demo? Ideally, the truck must be discounted to reflect a vehicle that is one year old, used on not. Safe to assume 10 percent on dealer invoice, give or take a few. :playball:

3. Dec 3, 2006 at 7:01 PM
    Bulldogger

Member:
    Themaster,
    truck is new no mileage, the price basically that their selling to me for is $27540. Are you saying it should be closer to 10% off their invoice of $27900 so I should get the truck for $25,200.

4. Dec 3, 2006 at 7:26 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Bud, it’s easy for me to say. You want the truck, not me. I was in your shoes 2 months ago. It made sense to buy a 07 instead, as it’s the same price. Screw the incentive and all. For a few extra bucks, you get a truck that has a years’ depreciation ahead of it not behind it, like the 06. Get the 06 if they give you a deal like you can’t believe. Price a 07 from another dealership and compare with the 06 and you’ll know. The 07 has bigger and comfortable seats. Don’t rush into it; end of the month is a better time to buy since its also year end. Cheers and good luck. :amen:

PS. Visit TW often and share your experience with us or birds will crap all over your new truck. :puke:

5. Dec 3, 2006 at 7:46 PM
    Bulldogger

Member:
    Actually not sure if I do want it, was wondering if it was a good price, few 06's left and prices on 07 with MSRP of 31183 and dealer wanted 29215. 06 comes in 1673 cheaper. May not be worth it, how much bigger is the seat in the 07.

6. Dec 3, 2006 at 8:03 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    I can’t describe seat size here bud. Let’s say, J Lo will be pretty comfortable sitting in your 07 front seats :D . 06, she’ll want to be dropped off, pronto :eek: . From what I know, dealers have about 10 percent on profit on MSRP. If a dealer is being allocated lots of Tacoma’s, they will be willing to play ball with you. I cannot vouch for US prices. Hang in there and some of our US members will help you out. Update your profile :boink: so your State info will help them be more accurate.

7. Dec 4, 2006 at 9:14 PM
    ExitusLSU

ExitusLSU Active Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Repeat after me, "www.kbb.com is your friend.":p

Check out the website and price your vehicle that way. Check out Edmunds.com or auto.yahoo.com. You can get the invoice pricing for the vehicle, including all the optional packages installed by the dealer so you can get a baseline on the truck.

Another thing, look at the inspection sticker on the truck and see what the date is. You may be able to see when they got the truck and how long its been sitting on the lot. Read up on holdback, as its somewhat related to how long a vehicle has been sitting on a dealer's lot. Also, I believe dealers have to pay taxes on all unsold inventory at the end of the year so generally they are in the mood to move those vehicles (I may be wrong, someone else can clarify this or browse edmunds.com). Remember though, Tacomas are pretty popular so take that into consideration too.

8. Dec 5, 2006 at 6:34 AM
    Bulldogger

Member:
    Thanks,
    I'm in NY so the Dealers don't really want to do anything near invoice pricing. I found a Dealer in Virgina who will sell a new 2007 at close to invoice. MSRP is $30954 my price is $28100. Truck is 2007 sport package Dbl cab long bed, with 6cd and utility pkage#3. I think this is about as good as I'm gonna get. Thanks for all the help. Dave

9. Dec 5, 2006 at 9:00 AM
    ExitusLSU

ExitusLSU Active Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Is it a 4x4 or Prerunner?

I was in the market for a 2006 in the beginning, but I couldn't find one with the options I wanted. I ended up purchasing the 2007 and I have no regrets. Actually, I'm kind of glad I got the 2007 with its bigger seats. I hate sitting in my Corolla now.:)

10. Dec 5, 2006 at 10:16 AM
    Bulldogger

Member:
    Exit,
    It is a 4x4, same thing they couldn't find an 06, but there are still a few 07's out there. Besides you can still factory order them till 6/07 right.

11. Dec 5, 2006 at 1:28 PM
    ExitusLSU

ExitusLSU Active Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Not sure about that, but I'm leery on ordering from a factory, especially if the dealer is the one pushing that. Have you tried looking at your local dealer websites and browse through their inventory? What about getting a short bed rather than the long bed? Might increase your odds on getting what you want.

12. Dec 5, 2006 at 2:24 PM
    Bulldogger

Member:
    Dealer didn't mention ordering, I figured it as another option if things went bust.

13. Dec 5, 2006 at 2:47 PM
    LovinMyTaco07

LovinMyTaco07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I've heard one or two people say that it is harder to get a good deal when you order ...
    The dealer that had the truck that we wanted in the area had a bad reputation, but was willing to give us the truck at the price we wanted... ($500 over invoice). So we went to the dealer down the road from us that has a good reputation and asked them to meat/beat that price... We figured that they would just switch vehicles with the other dealer, but they ended up ordering one from the factory for us... It took a couple of extra weeks to get our Taco... but it was worth it!
    We picked it up the day after it was delivered and a few days later came back to pick up the Manufacturer's Statement of Origin.

14. Dec 5, 2006 at 4:18 PM
    Ldytaco05

Ldytaco05 it's all about me

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner,Enkei Wheels
    welcome bulldogger to TW. call other dealers see what they'll tell you it's better for these dealers to compete with each other and always be ready to walk out of a deal you're not comfortable with.

15. Dec 28, 2006 at 9:06 PM
    65Tuxedo

65Tuxedo Member

Member:
    Call Dub Richardson Toyota in Oklahoma City and ask for Doc. 405 721 1911They had the best prices I found by far. For example; sticker was 28087 and they offered it to me for 23900. It was a double cab long bed 2007 truck with 6cd changer, etc.

Tell him JB Lewis sent you. And no, I don't get anything from it.

Sounds like some of you guys to the north could save some big bucks with a little travel.

Good luck

16. Dec 29, 2006 at 5:52 AM
    Bulldogger

Member:
    Thanks ended up with an 07 Dbl cab, LB, 4x4, MSRP was 30995. Lowest price I got was 28,435 and that was after bouncing it between four different Dealers. Thanks again.

Products Discussed in

To Top