1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

anybody have Icons with TSB rear springs and no SWAY BAR>.......

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sincitytaco, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Mar 30, 2009 at 8:16 PM
    sincitytaco

sincitytaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Off-Road 2wd Cement Grey
    Bilstein 6112/5160 set at notch 2/3, OEM TRD Pro Wheels, 275/70/17 Falken Wildpeaks, OEM TRD Pro Grill, Debadged, Ceramic Tinted Windows
    How does it handle? Also do you have pics. I am getting my TSB springs later this week and am wondering how my truck will handle and how it will look as well. Thanks,

2. Mar 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    I'm not sure with the newer kits, or on IFS for that matter, but always tossed the the swaybar on my old jeeps and it caused alot of body roll on turns. Like if you are making a U-turn the tires stay on the ground but the body/jeep would tilt way over instead of staying flat... hence SWAY bar. BUT this could all be different now with IFS and the components of the kit.

3. Mar 31, 2009 at 10:36 AM
    luni

luni Resident Gun-toting Hippie

Member:
    First Name:
    Burt's Mustache
    Ft Bragg, NC
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR
    Icon c/os, TSB 4 leaf pack, Unbreakable Fab tube winch bumper, Mile Marker SEC12000, Roadless Gear winch control panel, Bud Built skids, URD Pipe Bomb Y pipe, snorkeled rear diff breather, no carpet
    I've been driving my icons w/ no sway bar on stock 3 leaf pack for a while. It's not bad. The icons can hold up the front of the truck no problem and the body roll isn't that bad. My Toyota dealership is working on the TSB. Should stiffen up the ride and if anything lessen the body roll.

Products Discussed in

To Top