1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need advice - front bumper, springs, shocks

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by longernamer, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Mar 23, 2014 at 1:11 PM
    longernamer

longernamer [OP] Active Member

Member:
    So I had a really clean 2008 Tacoma until Saturday morning when a guy ran a red light just about the time I got to the intersection. The end result was that I need a new bumper, bumper skin, grill and surrounding parts, headlights, and some paint and sheet metal work.

Everyone walked away without injury, and he admitted fault and was ticketed for running the red light.

I've not heard back from the insurance companies yet - hopefully that will come on Monday.

Hopefully I will be able to purchase a plate bumper to do the repairs with - leaning towards ARB at the moment. That was the long term plan, but it has been moved up significantly.

Front suspension is stock, but the rear springs were replaced last summer with General Spring HD packs. The rear sits 3 inches higher than the front (20 1/4" from center of hub to fender in front, 23 1/4" in back). Adding 170 lbs to the front won't help the rake much...

I don't think I'll have the funds to include a winch in the bumper purchase, so I am looking at OME 885 springs and new shocks. 886's will probably come along in a year or so when I install a winch.

Anyone running 885's with an ARB bumper? What's this distance between center of hub and the fender?

Any other suggestions for leveling the front end with the rear?

Thanks!

/rl

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top