1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MPG, driving safely

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by menof2amendment, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Mar 27, 2014 at 4:37 AM
    menof2amendment

menof2amendment [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Simpsonville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tocoma TRD off road
    stock, no mods
    FACTS----Driving fast decreases your mpg. Driving slower will improve your mpg. Driving fast increases your risks and decreases your safety factor. Driving slower will give you better control of your vehicle. Don`t be in too big of a hurry while driving. Slow down and live. The life you save may be your own. Avoid being late, simply leave early. Set your watch 5 minutes fast and you `ll never be late again. I`m posting this because it just might save someone`s life today. Live long and have a happy life and improve your vehicle`s mpg. --Robert:D

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  2. Mar 27, 2014 at 5:18 AM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    I'm all about saving $$$ and being safe. I always just set my cruise control to the posted speed limit on the interstate and I don't advocate speeding.

I do think one can drive too slow to be safe.

Last I read (and it's been a year or so) the fatality rate on hi-ways in the US was around 8 or 9 per 1,000,000,000 vehicle kms. In Germany, it's around 5 or 6 deaths per 1,000,000,000 vehicle kms. I don't recall the average interstate speed in each country but, I do recall the average speed limit was higher in Germany. I'm just suggesting that there is more to being safe than speed.

On another note, love your username.

3. Mar 27, 2014 at 5:23 AM
    ChiefManyWrenches

ChiefManyWrenches Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '11 Silver DCSB TRD Off Road 4WD
    I already saw an accident today on my way into work. In city traffic you aren't supposed to block intersections if cars are stopped up and you can't get through. This morning, a car was stopped at a green light because other cars were stopped ahead and she would have been in the intersection, another car came and hit her pretty hard from behind because the other driver wasn't paying attention, just saw a green light. I agree, slow down and pay attention...to the road not your phone.

4. Mar 27, 2014 at 5:38 AM
    TacomaMike37

TacomaMike37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    13' DCLB MGM
    Thanks Mom, I mean Robert.

Products Discussed in

To Top