1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Completely Hypothetical (at this point)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by double_b, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Mar 27, 2014 at 11:22 AM
    double_b

double_b [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Red Lion, PA
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCab Tacoma TRD Off Road
    I have been thinking about helping my brother out and selling him my Taco for a good price(much less than what he would pay for one anywhere else). I don't think its going to happen but you never know, he's not in a position right now to buy it but he desperately needs something better than what he has. haha

If I were to do that I would buy a new Taco.

My current one is 2011 DCSB Off Road. I put Billies up front and got the rear leaf TSB done. Then put on Trail Team wheels and 265/70/16 BFG ATs.

For fun let's discuss if I were to go back on the market for a new Taco. A "I wish I knew then what I know now" scenario. I am completely happy with my set up now but wonder if it could be slightly better.

What would I NOT get if I went with SR5 + tow package as opposed to the Off-Road package? Upholstery and the rear locker? That it?

Lets say I had 3k to spend on the truck right away. I am thinking SR5 package(want tow package) then 2 to 2-1/2" lift and wheels and tires. I've really been liking the look of the 285 tires that I see. Can I get them on with 2-1/2" lift? I know, I'm sure that horse is mangled sorry. I would prefer to not go to 3" due to my wife isn't overly thrilled every time she has to get in my truck now. lol

As for audio I completely switched out the factory system in my current truck. HU, all 4 door speakers and sound deadening in all 4 doors and Dynamat in the front doors so I'm not opposed to doing that again at some point.

Basically I'm wondering if you had to do it again would you buy a more basic package and spend for aftermarket stuff if you had a little cash to do it right away?

Note: I'm leaning SR5/ more basic package since I will be losing some value by selling for less than what I could get normally for my truck.(I wouldn't even be selling it other than to help my brother. haha)

Products Discussed in

To Top