1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'14 TRD DCSB, couple questions before I buy anything I regret.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RogueTRD, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Mar 27, 2014 at 9:10 PM
    RogueTRD

RogueTRD [OP] Learn to swim...

Member:
    First Name:
    Cade
    So. Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '14 Pyrite Mica DCSB 4x4 TRD OR
    Stacked spacer lift, 22x12 wheels with stretched 33's, tow mirrors, bull nuts.
    I just traded in my '09 TRD Accesscab for a new TRD DCSB. I had a 3/2 leveling kit on my old truck with 33x12.50 Toyo MT's. I had some rubbing issues with those tires and had planned on getting an after market bumper to alleviate those problems (or most of them). I also wasn't really a fan of the way the truck rode with the leveling kit as opposed to the stock feel especially on road. I know some of that is due to the tires, but I digress.

I've been doing quite a bit of reading and searching and have found approximately eleventy billion opinions and ideas concerning lifting Tacomas. I would love to be able to drop the coin on an Icon Stage 4 setup, but I don't have the extra cash. Another setup I was looking at is a simple 3" lift using OME stuff. http://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/05-and-up-tacoma/3-lift-with-front-coils-rear-options/ It seems quite a few people reccomend this lift and the price is pretty good. I plan on putting an All Pro front bumper or a Shrokworks bumper so I am thinking that I'd need at least the 885 coils for the extra weight. I also looked at the OME/Toytech lift as well. Granted it is more expensive, but seems viable.

I'd like to run a 33x12.50 tire without the rubbing issue I experienced before. Any input or advice is appreciated.

Pic of previously mentioned brand spanking new Taco.
    TacoDC_zps6c56ba91_3ef89330fda955c9c19caa3f254093e5bda5d5c6.jpg

2. Mar 27, 2014 at 10:02 PM
    StealthTaco

StealthTaco www.ecgfabrication.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Alec
    NC
    Vehicle:
    05 Black Tacoma TRD Sport 6-speed
    If you want to eliminate the rubbing completely...trim up the plastic in the wheel wells a lot, do a cab mount chop, and maybe even flatten the pinch weld

3. Mar 27, 2014 at 10:15 PM
    geekhouse23

geekhouse23 The "Liftman" - @DrFunker

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2GMGMDCSB4WDTRDFTMFW!! TL;DR
    mostly stock, grocery gettin' Prius
    I would highly recommend the 886 coils if you plan on running bumper and winch as that is what they are designed for. I would advise to either wait and get the OME kit with 886s and install the same time as the bumper or get 885s for now and then upgrade to 886s when you install the bumper. The 886s are recommended for the DC with the extra weight but are pretty stiff without that extra 200+ lbs on the front.

Also, would recommend to opt out of the diff drop:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...05-tacoma.html

4. Mar 27, 2014 at 10:29 PM
    916TacoTruck

916TacoTruck BallzDeep is how I go

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Sactown
    Vehicle:
    Ford Raptor.
    Traded in Taco
    Congrats on your new truck. My coworker has an 06 dcsb with the ome 886 and Dakar leaf pack. He has the shrockworks plate bumper. 886 coils is a no if you don't have a plate bumper. He had to wait more than 6months for his bumper. Ruff ride until he put that bumper on. I went with the toytech 3" eibach coils. I'm happy so far.I just recently put a plate bumper from bruteforce fab. His lead times are much shorter than shrockworks. 10weeks is how long I had to wait.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  5. Mar 28, 2014 at 9:15 PM
    RogueTRD

RogueTRD [OP] Learn to swim...

Member:
    First Name:
    Cade
    So. Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '14 Pyrite Mica DCSB 4x4 TRD OR
    Stacked spacer lift, 22x12 wheels with stretched 33's, tow mirrors, bull nuts.
    Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it. I'm still doing research and hope I can make up my mind. Sounds like with the long wait times for plate bumpers I am gonna have to order one sooner rather than later.

6. Mar 28, 2014 at 9:25 PM
    rademan11

rademan11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    4X4 trd off road
    Ranch Topper, Bull Bar.....Yes, I know everyone thinks they are crap, I like the look
    Good looking truck

Products Discussed in

To Top