Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

"JDM" headlights on ebay.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
c-poc is on a distinguished road
c-poc's Tacoma Gallery
"JDM" headlights on ebay.

i just installed these because i was too lazy to do it myself.
plus my sugar mama got them for me HAHA! i hope she doesnt stalk me and see this post or i will lose my sugar mama resources! but damn, these lights look good. i got a lot of compliments rolling up to work today. I think these are made in Taiwan though haha. I purchased some made in Taiwan "JDM" headlights for my civic (rip) last year. unfortunately they were shitty quality. the clear coat finish or something was deteriorating off the headlights. i hope it won't be the same case for these headlights.

these are the ones i got.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...QQcmdZViewItem

(IGNORE THIS LOL)what now they have these?! i think the one above is more clean looking though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-04...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
not sure if u realize it, but those are for 2 different generations of tacoma and dont fit both models

EDIT: plus all u need to make the first ones is a can of spraypaint...
Old 10-02-2007, 04:42 PM   #3
c-poc is on a distinguished road
c-poc's Tacoma Gallery
oh shit lol, how embarassing. i did not notice. alright, nevermind the 2nd link haha.
yeah i purchased the krylon fushion spray paint. i attempted the mod in the summer, but after sitting out in the sun in high 90s heat for 20 minutes i was over it. but now i came up on free "jdm" lights and i still have my stocks for back up.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

not bad....i'd do it myself before i paid for them...but u cant beat a freebie
Old 10-02-2007, 11:04 PM   #5
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know whey they're called JDM lights for the Taco... Tacos aren't even available in Japan.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:53 AM   #6
06tacoma is on a distinguished road

06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
these look pretty nice how is the quality and did you have any problems with the company
Old 10-05-2007, 07:11 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Don't know whey they're called JDM lights for the Taco... Tacos aren't even available in Japan.
its so that if the "2fast2retarded" people buy a taco, they'll buy this product over something else
Old 10-05-2007, 07:22 PM   #9
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
its so that if the "2fast2retarded" people buy a taco, they'll buy this product over something else
Ahhhhh.... thanks for the clarification
Old 10-08-2007, 07:12 AM   #10
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
2fast2retarded, haha! I like that

Jhodge, does that mean you dont think i should mount neon green lights under my truck and mount an LCD to the top for our off-roading adventures?
Old 10-08-2007, 07:46 AM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator

i'm thinking about getting like a 10-12" screen for my back seat passengers, but thats as far as i'd go...lol
Old 10-08-2007, 12:53 PM   #12
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i'm thinking about getting like a 10-12" screen for my back seat passengers, but thats as far as i'd go...lol
I refuse to do anything for my passengers, they're just lucky they are riding with me, i'm not about to sink money into a tv for other people that i cant watch.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:22 PM   #13
WildcaTaco is on a distinguished road
WildcaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I refuse to do anything for my passengers, they're just lucky they are riding with me, i'm not about to sink money into a tv for other people that i cant watch.
brother
Old 10-08-2007, 01:45 PM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator

well...if u get one that completely flips around, u can watch in the rear view mirror as well as the dash...just a thought...lol

EDIT: plus w/ a 16 month old kid...and lots of passengers in the back on trips, it'd be well worth it. especially if u figure that i drove off the lot on Nov 27, 2006 and i now have 21K+ miles on it
Old 10-08-2007, 01:49 PM   #15

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Good point, if i had kids i would do it just to shut them up while i'm driving. I never understood the DVD in the dash, that just seems like an accident waiting to happen
Old 10-08-2007, 02:29 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator

its great for driving up and down 95. i leave fayetteville and next thing i know i'm in summerton and have no idea how i got there....haha
Old 10-09-2007, 05:51 AM   #17

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
its great for driving up and down 95. i leave fayetteville and next thing i know i'm in summerton and have no idea how i got there....haha
haha! thats worse than driving drunk!
Old 10-22-2007, 04:37 PM   #18
SilverStreaker is on a distinguished road

SilverStreaker's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed (literally 10 minutes ago) the JDM black headlights on my 2008. Took about an hour. I must say the truck is even more badass! I'll post pics soon.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:54 PM   #19
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Jhodge, does that mean you dont think i should mount neon green lights under my truck and mount an LCD to the top for our off-roading adventures?
hey...another thought...if i get a 10-12" before the trail riding, u can drive behind me and watch my movies...haha..."i'll leave the window open for ya" *inthe motel 6 announcers voice*
Old 10-23-2007, 08:47 AM   #20

nd's Tacoma Gallery
jhodge: screw teh 12", just mount a 40" in the bed of your truck so i dont have to squint to see it.