1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Polyurethane kits for an '06 DC Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by timofthehill, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Mar 31, 2009 at 3:06 PM
    timofthehill

timofthehill [OP] Timmy

Member:
    First Name:
    Timmy
    Caledon Ontario
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner SR5 TRD Debadged
    7" Suspension Lift, 3" Body Lift, 33's on 17's, K&N Intake, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust
    Hello everyone,
    I have been looking for a polyurethane kit for my '06 Tacoma. Has anyone found anything or looked for one? I am in Canada so it might be a little harder to get a kit.. Not really sure..

2. Mar 31, 2009 at 5:11 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Polyurethane what kit?? Body kit...Lift Kit..Interior??

Lil more info please.

3. Mar 31, 2009 at 5:19 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    If you are talking about the poly spacer's...DON'T.....they will wear out fast.

4. Mar 31, 2009 at 6:41 PM
    timofthehill

timofthehill [OP] Timmy

Member:
    First Name:
    Timmy
    Caledon Ontario
    Vehicle:
    7" Suspension Lift, 3" Body Lift, 33's on 17's, K&N Intake, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust
    I am tryin to find the poly control arm kit and the steering rack kit. Is there any out there for the motor mounts, tranny mounts, and transfer case..? To be honest I don't know much about Polyurethane. I have heard about people talking about it and they say its way better.. I want to make everything nice and tight, real tight. With No play at all.... I also have the fabtech suspension lift kit on, if that makes a difference

5. Mar 31, 2009 at 7:53 PM
    S-M-R-T

S-M-R-T Well-Known Member

Member:
    The rubber in the drivetrain mounts is there for to dampen the vibrations of the engine. If you firm them up with poly mounts they may last a little longer but you will feel it.

6. Apr 5, 2009 at 12:51 PM
    timofthehill

timofthehill [OP] Timmy

Member:
    First Name:
    Timmy
    Caledon Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Anyone find any poly kits for the control arm bushings?

7. Feb 25, 2010 at 7:01 AM
    Single6

Single6 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pacific Palisades, California
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4 Front & Rear Long-Travel
    DMZ Custom Build - Front: Total Chaos Long-Travel (13.5") Suspension, TC Extended Axles, Reinforced Spindles & Alignment Cam Tabs, Limit Straps, SS Brake Lines, TC Specification 8x2.5 King Coilovers/Springs, Secondary Gusseted Shock Hoops, TC Specification 8x2.5 King 3-Tube Bypass Remote Reservoir Shocks, Reinforced Motor Mounts, Pre-Runner Bumper & Front/Under-Engine Skid Plates, SS Radiator Guards, Aux. Lighting/Breaker Panel/Wiring, VisionX HID 8.7" Round 50w. Lamps, VisionX Reflex 9" LEDs, OEM HID Headlight Conversion, Glassworks Fiberglass Fenders, DMZ Stealth Antenna, DMZ Custom Build - Rear: Custom Spring-Under Conversion & Perimeter Bed/Shock Cage (16" travel), DMZ Spec. Deaver LT Springs, Plated & Boxed Rear Frame, King 16x2.5 4-Tube Piggy-Back Reservoir Bypass Shocks, 2x2 King Bump Stops, Bed Shock Shields, Limit Straps, SS Brake Lines, Glassworks Fiberglass Bedsides, Aluminum Billet Wheel Spacers, Allied 16x8 Forged Monster Wheels, OMF Beadlock Conversion, Integrated TPMS
    If you are speaking of Poly fenders and bedsides, Kartek in Southern California is developing them. To my knowledge, Kartek is not offerring them as yet for the Tacoma. I suggest you investigate the painting and finish issues with that material. It is not as simple as fiberglass, since one needs paint that has the adhesive qualities and pliability to be compatable with the poly.

Good luck, I would be interested in what you learn in particular about the paint and finish options.

Regards from a neighbor to the south,

Chris

8. Feb 25, 2010 at 11:43 AM
    SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, Tx
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner

Products Discussed in

To Top