1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking to buy an 08 with 101k on it .

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Jemerson, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Mar 28, 2014 at 7:00 AM
    Jemerson

Jemerson [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    emerson282@gmail.com
    Vehicle:
    emerson282@gmail.com
    Hello everyone! Ive been looking around at getting a new truck for a while now and I'm set on a. 2nd gen tacoma. I found an 08 access cab trd off-road that I have taken a liking to but I have some questions.

The truck has a hair over 101k on it. The dealer is asking $15,560. Does that seem good to you?

Any maintenance concern I should be thinking about?

I'm not shy to working on vehicles as it's what I'm in school for and I've modified my tj from stock on my own. This truck will be replacing my 2000 tj that I used to wheel regularly. When it comes to Toyota though I'm 100% a noob.

Thanks everyone!

2. Mar 28, 2014 at 7:07 AM
    ozmon420

ozmon420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    miami, florida
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    18x9 pro comp 7031 rims, alpine iva-d310 w/sirius sat radio, ipod connection, tv tuner, reverse camera, bug deflector, wet okole seat covers, tinted windows, running boards, toytec coilovers front set at 2.5'' , AAL rear,5100's rear, TC UCA, leer topper, bruteforce rear bumper, ARB rear locker.
    I think its a good price. im looking to sell my Tacoma for 15k myself, its an 08 with 107kmiles on it.

3. Mar 28, 2014 at 7:28 AM
    Jdaniel1274

Jdaniel1274 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    01 DC TRD 4X4
    PIAA lights, OMD leaf spring mod, magna flow muffler, oil filter relocation kit
    Look it over just like any other car or truck you would buy, to see if it has been cared for by the previous owner(s). Tacomas are not hard to work on, plus this forum has all the information that you need to know to work on and or modify the truck.

4. Mar 29, 2014 at 7:05 AM
    Jemerson

Jemerson [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    emerson282@gmail.com
    Vehicle:
    emerson282@gmail.com
    Well i went and looked at it closely and i must say even at 15,500 im going to pass unless they come down some more. First thing i noticed is the truck has a TON of paint chips all over the front of the truck. Basically any surface facing forward looks like it was pelted with gravel. Big crack in the front grill and a chunk out of it where it looks like something big hit it. Carfax shows 2 owners since new. The first owner took it to 49,707 in 4 years 2 months then the second owner took it in 1 year 5 months to 101,830! which would explain the chips on the front as they must have been driving back and forth between 2 states. No service records at all in this time. The seatbelt recall was never corrected and the passenger seatbelt was shoved inside the access door broken already.

idk, unless they are willing to come down some more im passing. The truck needs to be repainted at least the front end as some of the chips are clear to metal. How much do you guys think all of that would effect the value? I know tacomas hold their value but with issues like this i cant justify handing over 16k when i could pick up a few 09s with 60k miles for close to 20k.

5. Mar 29, 2014 at 9:56 AM
    rolandk

rolandk Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Portland, OR
    I'd pass on that one and look for something else.

Products Discussed in

To Top