Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ebay black headlights

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2014, 07:34 AM   #1
darektylka is a splendid one to beholddarektylka is a splendid one to beholddarektylka is a splendid one to beholddarektylka is a splendid one to beholddarektylka is a splendid one to beholddarektylka is a splendid one to beholddarektylka is a splendid one to beholddarektylka is a splendid one to behold
Name: Darek
darektylka's Tacoma Gallery
ebay black headlights

Just curious if anyone tried the ebay brands 100$ black headlights?
Is it even worth getting them ?
Old 03-29-2014, 07:35 AM   #2
darektylka is a splendid one to beholddarektylka is a splendid one to beholddarektylka is a splendid one to beholddarektylka is a splendid one to beholddarektylka is a splendid one to beholddarektylka is a splendid one to beholddarektylka is a splendid one to beholddarektylka is a splendid one to behold
Name: Darek
darektylka's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Of-2005...7a7b94&vxp=mtr
Old 03-29-2014, 08:31 AM   #3
DirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud of
DirtJumper14's Tacoma Gallery
black lights

I just purchased these from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Made by depo so dot/sae approved. The pair on ebay you are looking at are not, but only if that matters to you. Also it is much easier to return items from Amazon.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:46 AM   #4
ThatguyJZ has a spectacular aura aboutThatguyJZ has a spectacular aura aboutThatguyJZ has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jim
ThatguyJZ's Tacoma Gallery
My friend is running the DEPO versions, no problems yet and they look great.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:53 AM   #5
schleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Daniel
schleygo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtJumper14 View Post
I just purchased these from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Made by depo so dot/sae approved. The pair on ebay you are looking at are not, but only if that matters to you. Also it is much easier to return items from Amazon.

I am interested in these. How is the light output compared to the OEM lights? It would be cool if you could install a Depo light on one side and your old OEM light on the other and turn them on and take a pic of the light output on a wall.

I read up on these ebay ones and all i read is bad reviews on the light output.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:04 AM   #6
blah blah blah
inesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

inesshell's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to inesshell
Quote:
Originally Posted by darektylka View Post
i have these on my truck, i retro fitted them. I think i paid 78 bucks back in the day..

Old 03-29-2014, 09:09 AM   #7
blah blah blah
inesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

inesshell's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to inesshell
they hold up great, you just got to seal them up good. I had one light build up some moisture one winter.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:48 AM   #8
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
I've got em, they've been good so far

Just make sure to seal them up with silicone
Old 03-29-2014, 10:56 AM   #9
StealthTaco has a spectacular aura aboutStealthTaco has a spectacular aura aboutStealthTaco has a spectacular aura about
Name: Alec
StealthTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've been curious about the light output of the ebay ones as well...
Old 03-29-2014, 01:05 PM   #10
watchdog is on a distinguished road

Name: jim
watchdog's Tacoma Gallery
I got them too. Yes , make sure you seal them with silicone before you install them. I didn't and one fogged up inside. Had to take off and dry it out and sealed it up. No problem since.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:13 PM   #11
tundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nice

tundrataco's Tacoma Gallery
i had both that leaked a LOT of water inside, like a puddle in there, i removed, used a hair dryer and put them in the oven at 250 for 5 mins, then completely sealed the outside edge, and a shot of silicone around where the turn signal bulb sits, just to be sure, so far so good, they look really nice

Products Discussed in this Thread