Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2013 Touch screen radio

Old 03-31-2014, 01:37 PM   #1
Sledhauler will become famous soon enoughSledhauler will become famous soon enough

Name: Derek
Sledhauler's Tacoma Gallery
2013 Touch screen radio

Curious if anyone else has noticed the touch screen and/or volume power on not working when first touched/pressed. I noticed this right off the bat, brand new, but thought I just didn't press it hard enough. The other day, I noticed twice that when I pressed the volume to power it on it did not come on the 1st time. I didn't think much of it on the 1st time but was sure I pressed it and felt the click, the 2nd time there was no doubt.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
cholland is on a distinguished road
cholland's Tacoma Gallery
It's done it a few times on mine. 2013 also.
Usually when I try to press it fast as I'm doing something else. I've noticed it's not immediately responsive when ignition first turned on. The radio will come on but the volume doesn't respond for at least 2 seconds.
It's sensitive, but I haven't decided its a problem yet.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:46 PM   #3
I am the one who knocks!
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
I have issues with my touchscreen and iPhone working together. If I push play on the screen it won't play. I have to unlock my phone and push play on the iPhone for it to start. Doesn't seem to matter whether it's Bluetooth or if it's hooked up through the USB. Seems to do this about half the time.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:50 PM   #4
TheDuke0fHurl is on a distinguished road
TheDuke0fHurl's Tacoma Gallery
Any way to rewind or fast forward from the screen?
Old 03-31-2014, 05:52 PM   #5
I am the one who knocks!
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke0fHurl View Post
Any way to rewind or fast forward from the screen?
The 2 arrow buttons beside the touchscreen will fast forward and rewind.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:26 PM   #6
TheDuke0fHurl is on a distinguished road
TheDuke0fHurl's Tacoma Gallery
Tried those. It just skips tracks.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:46 PM   #7
I am the one who knocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke0fHurl View Post
Tried those. It just skips tracks.
You tried just holding them down? Mine will skip songs (quick push) or fast forward/rewind (long push).

Maybe it has something to do with the type of external player you're using. I use my iPhone.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:05 PM   #8
cholland is on a distinguished road
cholland's Tacoma Gallery
Mine used to just start playing random when I pressed play on the radio or switched on Bluetooth. Now it will only play from the radio if the music app is open and a playlist or something is paused.

I noticed it right after the last iPhone iOS update. They messed with some of the audio interface to make it fuction with the newer radios that have the updated iPhone functionality. It must have changed how the phone talks to the radio?
Old 04-01-2014, 04:44 PM   #9
Sledhauler will become famous soon enoughSledhauler will become famous soon enough

Name: Derek
Sledhauler's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info all, of course today it worked with no issues!?!