Nitto Terra Grappler AT vs General Grabber AT2

Old 03-31-2014, 04:53 PM   #1
WORK HARD - PLAY HARD
06midnight is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
06midnight's Tacoma Gallery
Nitto Terra Grappler AT vs General Grabber AT2

Fellas,

I'm looking for some new shoes that will work on the highway, wet road and winter snow. For those of you using or have used either the Nittos or the Generals, can you provide your experience good or bad for these two tires. I'm looking for tread life and stability throughout the year. I'm not looking for an off road or MT tire.

They both are around the same cost per so its a matter of opinion. Pics not necessary.

Thanks All!
Attached Thumbnails
Nitto Terra Grappler AT vs General Grabber AT2-nitrh1_xl.jpg   Nitto Terra Grappler AT vs General Grabber AT2-genvl6_xl.jpg  
Old 03-31-2014, 05:01 PM   #2
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
General Grabber AT2. Awesome tire in all 4 seasons. No issues on wet roads, ice or snow. Quiet on the highway, and good for regular off road use. I would recommend these to any one. Past experience with BFG AT, BFG Mud and Snow, and Firestone Wilderness. The GG AT2, are the best I have used.

Frank
Old 03-31-2014, 06:11 PM   #3
Cdnguy1980 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
Cdnguy1980's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
General Grabber AT2. Awesome tire in all 4 seasons. No issues on wet roads, ice or snow. Quiet on the highway, and good for regular off road use. I would recommend these to any one. Past experience with BFG AT, BFG Mud and Snow, and Firestone Wilderness. The GG AT2, are the best I have used.

Frank
X2 on the generals bought a set on sale, great tire look good too
Old 03-31-2014, 06:29 PM   #4
Anzy is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
Anzy's Tacoma Gallery
Both tires work really well all around. But if it was between the two I'd go with the General Grabber AT2. But make sure you rotate them every 3500 - 5000 miles to make sure you get good wear out of them.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:30 PM   #5
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Terra graps suck all around IMO. I had a few scarry loose back end moments in wet weather with the terra grapplers. I would go with teh grabbers.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:09 PM   #6
mking will become famous soon enoughmking will become famous soon enough

Name: SilverSurfer
mking's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Generals so far I'm very happy with them plus love the side wall look on them compared to other AT's
Old 03-31-2014, 07:22 PM   #7
Chris95 is on a distinguished road
Chris95's Tacoma Gallery
I would not go with the nittos since you live in PA. I had them on my old F-250 and some of the storms we had this winter were pretty rough and I found myself sliding around a whole lot more than I wanted to. The mud in PA also packs in the treads really fast and they have a hard time finding grip in any mud or slick conditions. I'd say General would be the better choice up here.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:34 PM   #8
WORK HARD - PLAY HARD

Law Enforcement:
Thanks all,

This is really great feedback and helps when trying to purchase something as important as the tires to the ground! Sounds like GGs are the popular favorite.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:32 AM   #9
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a useful Tire Rack link.

Frank
Old 04-01-2014, 04:59 AM   #10
WORK HARD - PLAY HARD

Law Enforcement:
WOW! I didn't realize GGs were rated that well. This closes the deal for me. I will be getting The General's this coming weekend 265/75/16s.

Once again TW proves to be a valuable resource!

Thanks All
Old 04-02-2014, 04:03 PM   #11
asuchemist is a splendid one to beholdasuchemist is a splendid one to beholdasuchemist is a splendid one to beholdasuchemist is a splendid one to beholdasuchemist is a splendid one to beholdasuchemist is a splendid one to beholdasuchemist is a splendid one to behold
asuchemist's Tacoma Gallery
Cool thread. Looking at the Nittos as well.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:28 PM   #12
TacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
TacoDeLaPlaya's Tacoma Gallery
Don't get the nittos. Buddy had 285s on a tundra and they have horrible traction in mud and on loose hills
Old 04-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #13
I like my truck!
1tacoplease is on a distinguished road

Army: SGT - ret.
1tacoplease's Tacoma Gallery
The only reason I want to get the Nitto's is because they come in 285/70/16 which I think is perfect for my 2.5" lift.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:08 PM   #14
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Don't get sucked in, you will regret it. I'm almost certain I've seen that size grabbers.