Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Questions about lifts

Old 04-01-2009, 04:16 AM   #1
tdeguzman is on a distinguished road
Navy: Support the Branches with mechanical design but mainly support the navy
tdeguzman's Tacoma Gallery
Questions about lifts

i am thinking about putting a leveling kit along with a 1" lift, for 33" tires would that be plenty of a lift for the tires not to rub or should i lift it 3" more on top of the leveling kit?

And can i get some suggestions on the type of kit to buy? i have been told about the brand toytech? but i have never heard of it so i figured i'd ask.

And is this a possible do it yourself job or would it be too difficult and i should just pay someone to do it, to save me from the possible head ach?
Old 04-01-2009, 04:24 AM   #2
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Please see suspension section for thread after thread about lifts. I have 31s & am going for 2.75 setting on bilstein 5100s up front & adding 1.5 AAL out back to level it & add stability due to having the craptacular TSB 3 leaf spring packs that nobody will fix due to mileage when I bought it. Thinking you gonna need at least 3" lift, remove flaps & maybe have to trim a bit for 33s to be clear of rubbing. (at least when offroading) Start by having the TSB done for the rear leafs if you haven't already. You'll get correct packs plus all new TRD shocks & an alignment for free if less than 36k. Go for it. Then consider which lift.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:39 AM   #3
tdeguzman is on a distinguished road
Navy: Support the Branches with mechanical design but mainly support the navy
tdeguzman's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man, i talked to the dealer ship this afternoon and they are going to order the parts and get the TSB thing taken care of. i didnt know about that fix. About the lift, so your saying consider adding a 3" lift ontop of the leveling kit and i should be good on it not rubbing?
Old 04-01-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
TX Trill
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Just the 3' lift but you gonna have to do quite a bit of trimming with the 33's
Old 04-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah toytec is a good brand. I would suggest the OME 885 coils up front and the rear TSB AAL from toytec since you are getting the rear TSB done by the dealer. It should take you 3" of lift up front and about 2" in the back to level it out. And yes, you will be able to fit 33"s. You will just need to remove the front mud guards and do some minor trimming up front but not much at all. Lots people on this website are running that lift.