1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Questions about lifts

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tdeguzman, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Apr 1, 2009 at 4:16 AM
    tdeguzman

tdeguzman [OP] Member

Member:
    SOMD
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra CM 4X4 MGM crew
    i am thinking about putting a leveling kit along with a 1" lift, for 33" tires would that be plenty of a lift for the tires not to rub or should i lift it 3" more on top of the leveling kit?

And can i get some suggestions on the type of kit to buy? i have been told about the brand toytech? but i have never heard of it so i figured i'd ask.

And is this a possible do it yourself job or would it be too difficult and i should just pay someone to do it, to save me from the possible head ach?:confused:

2. Apr 1, 2009 at 4:24 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Please see suspension section for thread after thread about lifts. I have 31s & am going for 2.75 setting on bilstein 5100s up front & adding 1.5 AAL out back to level it & add stability due to having the craptacular TSB 3 leaf spring packs that nobody will fix due to mileage when I bought it. Thinking you gonna need at least 3" lift, remove flaps & maybe have to trim a bit for 33s to be clear of rubbing. (at least when offroading) Start by having the TSB done for the rear leafs if you haven't already. You'll get correct packs plus all new TRD shocks & an alignment for free if less than 36k. Go for it. Then consider which lift.

3. Apr 1, 2009 at 10:39 AM
    tdeguzman

tdeguzman [OP] Member

Member:
    SOMD
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra CM 4X4 MGM crew
    Thanks man, i talked to the dealer ship this afternoon and they are going to order the parts and get the TSB thing taken care of. i didnt know about that fix. About the lift, so your saying consider adding a 3" lift ontop of the leveling kit and i should be good on it not rubbing?

4. Apr 1, 2009 at 10:41 AM
    TEX357

TEX357 TX

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TACOMA
    285\70-17 BFGoodrich KM2's 17x8 Pro Comp 7089
    Just the 3' lift but you gonna have to do quite a bit of trimming with the 33's

5. Apr 1, 2009 at 10:48 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah toytec is a good brand. I would suggest the OME 885 coils up front and the rear TSB AAL from toytec since you are getting the rear TSB done by the dealer. It should take you 3" of lift up front and about 2" in the back to level it out. And yes, you will be able to fit 33"s. You will just need to remove the front mud guards and do some minor trimming up front but not much at all. Lots people on this website are running that lift.

Products Discussed in

To Top